1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on traveling MTM tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Navigator, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Navigator

Navigator New Member

I've always worn OTR clothing, but recently decided to give MTM suits a try after reading about them. I need a suit for job interviews and business. Since fit is the main reason I am looking at MTM, I would prefer to have an experienced tailor take my measurements, rather than an inexperienced friend. I live in a small southern city, but by chance I have an opportunity to see either a traveling tailor for Dillards, My Tailor or Proper Suits. I should mention that I am on the large side, with a bit of a beer belly.

I've seen a lot of reviews for My Tailor, a few for Proper Suit, but none for Dillards. Do any of you have experience with these companies so that you could say how they compare? I am most interested in fit, rather than fabric selection or customization options.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Coburn

Coburn Senior member

3. comrade

comrade Senior member

I've seen one of theeir sportcoats at a local SF Meet-up.
    It looked great.

4. Navigator

Navigator New Member

Thanks, Coburn. It looks like My Tailor has Nick Chotrani coming to town in a few weeks. I'll make an appointment with him and post a review of my experience.