Need Advice on Dress Pants

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Heatmiser, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heatmiser

Heatmiser Senior member

Hello all,

I have lost considerable weight over the past six months during which I decided to start dressing nicer and taking pride in the clothes I wear. I have purchased quite a few shoes over the weight loss journey (mainly brown tones and a few black shoes) and am now looking to purchase 3 suits and 4 pairs of dress pants now that I have reached my target weight. I am a professional salesperson in sunny Southern California and mainly wear dress pants with/without sport coats for work but occasionally will wear a suit to special meetings. The sport coats I have recently purchased are brown and blue shades.

I am working with a custom tailor to make the suits and pants for me and the materials/colors they have readily available at reasonable prices are located below. I have already decided on my 3 suits (charcoal, medium grey and navy blue) so I am good in that department. Next up are the dress slacks. Which materials/colors would you choose for a staple set of (4) dress pants?

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

2. Spex

Spex Senior member

1,4,A and B, because lighter is typically better when pairing with a sport coat. You've got the right idea with tans and greys.

3. IChen

IChen Senior member

1, 4, A. Maybe 3 if you have jackets that can make it work.

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

@Heatmiser , they're all nice. The only one I'm not crazy about is 3. I would probably go A, B, 1, 2....in that order.

5. Heatmiser

Heatmiser Senior member

Thanks for the advice all. I was thinking 1, 4, A & B as well. However, I was thinking 1 & 4 may be to similar of a shade and instead go with one or the other and then #5. Thoughts?

6. Spex

Spex Senior member

Now that I'm looking at these again I agree that 5 would be a good choice to replace one of those 2 similar tan ones.

7. Heatmiser

Heatmiser Senior member

Thanks Spex!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.