• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NEED ADVICE: Blue pants w/ grey blazer?

K1w1

Reaction score
Hi guys

Im going to a political party conference in May and I have bought some blue pants, a shirt, tie and belt to go with my brown shoes I already have.

This is what I already have and I was told by the assistant at the store I should buy a "charcoal grey" blazer to go with. This is what I have found.

Do you think that is a suitable match with what I already have or is it too light?

I also have a black blazer but I'm not sure if it accompanies the combination well or not, could I also have your thoughts on this.

So to finish off, im 16 years old I don't want to look as if I wish I was older so im trying to keep it young.
- I would like to know your thoughts on the combination with the black blazer I already own and have a picture off.
- I would also like to know if you think that grey blazer is suitable and if not what do you reccomend?

Thanks for your time

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear whatever you have, at sixteen no one will expect you to have a big wardrobe.

K1w1

Reaction score
Wear whatever you have, at sixteen no one will expect you to have a big wardrobe.
Thanks but I also have another conference I want to be well dressed for and I need a jacket for it.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'll be fine. Don't wear the black one.

Chulillo

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear the black coat. I just hate black clothing but fobias aside it doesn't look good with navy pants (at least to me).

You'll do fine with the grey coat for sure. But maybe if you paired it with a white oxford shirt it would blend better with the shade of grey of the jacket. To me not all blue shirts work with all grey suit/jackets.

K1w1

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear the black coat. I just hate black clothing but fobias aside it doesn't look good with navy pants (at least to me).

You'll do fine with the grey coat for sure. But maybe if you paired it with a white oxford shirt it would blend better with the shade of grey of the jacket. To me not all blue shirts work with all grey suit/jackets.
Thank you :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami