Need a Watch to Impress the Females?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MindEraser, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

+1.
    I have gotten more compliments on my VC which is a relatively unknown brand than my Rolex. Then again those compliments when looked at gender wise would be like 70% male and 30% female :(

2. nayr1982

nayr1982 Well-Known Member

Rolex will pull the most ladies as I think it is most widely known as an "expensive" watch. You just have to ask yourself, "do I really want to attract girls who are excited about a rolex?".

I've always looked upon someone with suspision if they notice a patek or similar on my wrist, and unless your interest is purely a one evening basis, I would turn and run if a girl was taken with me because of a watch.

3. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Forget the watch - that is so first level. If you want to impress the ladies take a cue from Joey Tribbiani:

[​IMG]

Or wear something expensive and leave the price tag on (try to get something with a really big price tag for maximum effect).

4. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

a rolex will not "pull any ladies" unless you live in absolute bumblefuck

6. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

I have a Rolex, a vintage JLC, a vintage Baume and a custom watch my grandfather commissioned. They are all awesome. None of them have gotten me laid.

I'm also 23. Skip the watch. Here's the algorithm to banging 23 year old girls:

Be a confident dick to the girl but charming to her friends. Buy her a drink. Laid. Repeat.

7. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

yes. Its a confidence game. He who won't speak to girl goes home alone. Guys seem to think by putting on some G&G and a rolex that they can wait for women to approach them. Not gonna happen unless you don't mind scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel or live in trashville USA

8. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

The only watch I have that gets compliments from women is my cheapest, a Nixon. Probably because they have a slightly different look to them. That or Diesel or Guess are all about $200 or less new. Go get one of those.

Or you could buy mine.

9. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

If your 23 go to a bar with some friends, talk the girls around the bar area tell them it's your bday. Then they feel obligated to buy you a drink and gives you an opportunity to talk to them. If you are not a weirdo then you proceed to hang out with them buy them some rounds. If you do scare them away you still get a free drink.

10. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

nice, starting off with a lie. How about you just say hello. something that worked for me is to just ask them a question...survey them....doesn't matter what its about. Ask the whole group (not just your chick) get into an argument, be a cocky bastard, disagree, whatever. Gets them talking, keeps them talking.

11. antikantian

antikantian Senior member

I don't wear a watch, since I just rely on my personal valet to keep me on schedule. I also rely on him to get me women, and they're sometimes even conscious... :crackup:

But on a more serious (and less creepy) note, I concur with the other posters, I've never had a female notice any of my watches, with the exception of female friends who work in the watch industry. Well, except that one time when I was dating this girl, and her best friend labeled me a douchebag because I was wearing a pretty plain Rolex Datejust. After dating for a while, I gave the Datejust to my gf, and it got HER laid, so take that for what it's worth :violin:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  12. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Deets on valet? Have been looking for a good source....

13. .Kurtz.

.Kurtz. Senior member

Women don't care much about watches, but they do care a lot about money. Thus, the only watches that can impress (some) women are those easily associated to expensive brands. One of the (very) few brands available at that price tag is Longines. Go for it is my best advice.

14. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I find pilot watches with slide rules attract the most attention. Bonus: with the slide rule fully extended, you can play horseshoes with g strings.

15. atlrus

atlrus Well-Known Member

That's using your noodle :)

If you are not looking for a wife, you should look at getting laid just like buying shoes: Do you want to go and sift through the thrift store for $10 pair of scuffed shoes that would probably give you athletes foot, or would you rather pick up the phone and get a nice pair of custom made beautiful shoes that would make you feel like you are floating on air?!?

P.S. you can even get "made in China" without feeling guilty [​IMG]