Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need a tailor recommendation for Denver

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shutterbug, Jan 9, 2005.

1. shutterbug

shutterbug New Member

I am on an extended work assignment in Denver for the next several months. Does anyone in the forum know a good tailor in the area? Preferably Englewood/Lone Tree/Littleton area since I work and am staying in the Denver Tech Center (south of the Denver metro area proper). I recently bought some sport shirts in a large size that fit well in the body but need the sleeves taken up.

Thanks

2. Kai

Kai Senior member

I know a good tailor in Boulder, but that's a bit far.

I would suggest you call Lawrence Covell

(303) 320-1023 They are Denver's best men's boutique. I would think that they could recommend a good tailor in Denver.

3. darin_arrick

darin_arrick Active Member

I just relocated to the Denver area (Boulder, specifically). Who is the tailor of whom you speak?

4. ranchsooner

ranchsooner Senior member

I am on an extended work assignment in Denver for the next several months. Does anyone in the forum know a good tailor in the area? Preferably Englewood/Lone Tree/Littleton area since I work and am staying in the Denver Tech Center (south of the Denver metro area proper). I recently bought some sport shirts in a large size that fit well in the body but need the sleeves taken up.

Thanks

I use Hamdi at Cherry Creek Tailoring for all of my suit alterations. Former bench tailor in Hungary I believe. He is the best I have ever used and not too far from the tech center. 303-321-6278

For shirts I use Hilda at Hilda's fine tailoring. She is located at Arapahoe and University, just a couple of miles west of the tech center. 303-730-0222

I've been here for 5 years and have yet to find a doctor, but I know where the good tailors are.[​IMG] If you need any more resources let me know.

5. PuppetBoy

PuppetBoy Well-Known Member

I use Hamdi at Cherry Creek Tailoring for all of my suit alterations. Former bench tailor in Hungary I believe. He is the best I have ever used and not too far from the tech center. 303-321-6278

For shirts I use Hilda at Hilda's fine tailoring. She is located at Arapahoe and University, just a couple of miles west of the tech center. 303-730-0222

These references, and particularly locations, are great since I live in the Springs, but work off Orchard in the tech center.

Do you use Hilda for custom shirts, or just to alter existing shirts?

And for those interested, Andre of Hemrajani (mytailor.com) will be in Denver next week -- downtown Mon-Tue, and Tech Center Wed-Thu.

6. Kai

Kai Senior member

I just relocated to the Denver area (Boulder, specifically). Who is the tailor of whom you speak?

Boulder Custom Tailoring
    3063 Walnut St
    Boulder, CO 80301

(303) 413-0739

7. ranchsooner

ranchsooner Senior member

These references, and particularly locations, are great since I live in the Springs, but work off Orchard in the tech center.

Do you use Hilda for custom shirts, or just to alter existing shirts?

And for those interested, Andre of Hemrajani (mytailor.com) will be in Denver next week -- downtown Mon-Tue, and Tech Center Wed-Thu.

I just use Hilda for altering the sleeve length

8. Chipless

Chipless Member

I'm interested in finding one as well. Any more recommendations?

/resurrect

9. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

i like hamdi and kiraz at cherry creek tailoring. expensive, but great people and nice work

10. butterflystyle

butterflystyle Senior member

11. S. Able

S. Able Senior member

I strongly recommend John at United Custom Tailors at Arapahoe and I-25. He is the best I have found.