• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a pair of white pants

WalterSobchak

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of white cotton pants. Not sand, cream, but actually white. The problem comes with finding them, since I don't know who makes any in my size. I need a 42 if they're cut to allow for muscular thighs, or a 44 to be taken in at the waist otherwise. Any suggestions about who makes any good ones?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a great pair from Manitex. (or maybe they are Incotex?) Make sure you know the measurements though, the fit is all over the place with most being really slim.

TRA8324

Reaction score
You can always take a pair of sand or cream and make them white...I did this recently with a pair of jeans that were advertised as white and then ended up being more of an off-white. I used Rit "Color Remover" and then Rit "Whitener & Brightener." You can get them both on amazon for about $10. My jeans turned out great.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Pal Zaliri that I'm never brave enough to wear anymore.

DSC00182.jpg

WalterSobchak

Reaction score
Haven't found any in the aforementioned brands in my size. I did stumble upon some borrelli pants that are Italian size 60, but with no one selling them that offers refunds, I would want to be able to try them on, and not end up stuck with store credit for places that may never offer anything to fit me. I'd rather be able to buy them, see if a tailor can do anything with them, and if not, be able to return them for a refund and only be out shipping costs.

Recoil, are those white? It's probably the lighting/camera, but the shirt looks significantly whiter than the pants in that photo. I don't think it's a bad look, though I'd probably be going for something different, such as wearing them with a dark sport shirt and no jacket/tie.

Never thought about trying to whiten them myself, I suppose that's something I could try as a last resort but I'd be afraid of ruining an expensive pair of pants by trying that in case they didn't come out right.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try brooks brothers,they have some white cotton pants in different cuts. I am assuming you want cotton pants.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't it too early in the Spring season still? Later you'll have a better chance finding something in the shops.

WalterSobchak

Reaction score
Good suggestion for brooks brothers, I remember looking on their website before and didn't see any, but they have them now. I'll have to go to a store and see if I like them and if they fit or can be altered to do so.

I don't usually bother going to stores to find clothes without knowing what they might have, since I'm hard to fit and usually at least one size bigger in everything than most stores carry or are even manufactured. I don't know if most internet stores decide what to carry based on the season, but I would assume not, since I could easily order swim trunks in the winter, or a down parka in the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads