• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a pair of casual shoes

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you a pair.

$25 shipped.

It's like a grab bag offer.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you two pairs for 75$. That's two for the price of three, but this deal won't last long.

akj27

Reaction score
Alright, I'll word it better.

I need some suggestions for a pair of shoes to wear with jeans, and a shirt. Could be either brown or black.

akj27

Reaction score
Wow, what bunch of self righteous assholes here. Does it make you guys feel better? Lol.

gmku

Reaction score
I seem to be obsessed with Clarks of late. They're classic shoes, man, I don't think you can go wrong with like a brown leather Desert Trek or sand Desert Boot. They've worked with jeans for decades. And you can wear them with dressier casual stuff, too. I even had an English prof who wore his Desert Boots and Treks with his suit and tie.

akj27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gmku
I seem to be obsessed with Clarks of late. They're classic shoes, man, I don't think you can go wrong with like a brown leather Desert Trek or sand Desert Boot. They've worked with jeans for decades. And you can wear them with dressier casual stuff, too. I even had an English prof who wore his Desert Boots and Treks with his suit and tie.

I checked those out and they're pretty nice man. Thanks for the suggestion.

gmku

Reaction score
Also, the Sperry deck shoe kind of thing, or other brand derivatives thereof. But yeah, Clarks are very good looking w/ jeans imo, and comfortable.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
"Self righteous" is actually a pretty accurate description of a lot of people in this forum, but hey, it's an internet forum. People, even good people, say s**t on internet forums that they'd otherwise never say just because there aren't any repercussions. Ignore it.

Anyways, I second the recommendation for Clarks desert boots and Sperry boat shoes.

And I personally think Chucks are the greatest shoes ever. Minus the fact that they fall apart after a few months, they go with everything and they're only $30-$40.

gmku

Reaction score
Yah, Chucks are good. I like the low-tops best. Definitely going very casual with that choice, though.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be honest, don't you think it might be possible that there are already a plethora of threads about shoes and sneakers that are easily accessible through the search function in a style forum?

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ighlight=shoes
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ighlight=shoes

A quick search yields two threads that have been made that are similar in content to this.

There is also a stickied WAYWT thread
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...40802&page=984
where you can see what other people are wearing

and there is also a stickied small questions thread
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...33849&page=268
where you ask questions and get answers just like the title says.

Originally Posted by akj27
Wow, what bunch of self righteous assholes here. Does it make you guys feel better? Lol.

There is also a thread discussing this right on the front page of the S&D forum
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=65630

I don't want to be an asshole and I don't know if you've ever been on a forum before, but the usual etiquette is to 1. Read the stickies. 2. Use the search function, before you create a thread and ask questions that have been answered many many times before.

On a side note, I like my spring courts and Umbro by Kim Jones morks. I didn't use to like Clark Wallabees, but after seeing several WAYWT posts I've changed my mind. Common Projects if you want to spend a little more money for good quality slim sneakers. Vans (Marc Jacobs vans are always pretty nice. also classic models like authentics, slip-ons, old school, sk8-hi, and chukkas) are an easy choice as are the ubiquitous jack purcells and chuck taylors (some john varvatos versions ones are pretty nice, if you want something better than a generic chuck).

I hope that answers your question and I don't think I'm the right person to say this, but welcome to Style Forum.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
indesertum is right, and thank you for taking the time to search through all those threads and typing out the response, i know those must have taken you at least 1 minute to find them all
tounge.gif
and OP - please use the search function or be EXTREMELY specific. another idea is to look in the WAYWT thread, many people post the brands they're wearing, so it's a good starting place to look for ideas.

akj27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
indesertum is right, and thank you for taking the time to search through all those threads and typing out the response, i know those must have taken you at least 1 minute to find them all
tounge.gif
and OP - please use the search function or be EXTREMELY specific. another idea is to look in the WAYWT thread, many people post the brands they're wearing, so it's a good starting place to look for ideas.

The way I see it is things change, what someone suggested a month ago might not be what they'd suggest now, plus, this is a message board, not an archive
smile.gif
I do agree though that my original post was a little vague, and I apologize

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads