• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need A Nice Belt Strap

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my Shane buckles came in today and while the straps are nice looking, you can definitely tell they're an afterthought as they're really quite cheaply made (if I had payed full price I might be a little peeved).

Does anyone know where I can get a good strap? I know people love the EG quick release belt, but all I hear are raves about the buckle. How about the strap? I thought about getting a Red Moon via coldrice last month, but passed.

Any takers? It doesn't have to be Henry Cuir or anything on that level, but I want one that is nice enough to compliment the amazing buckles.

Reaction score
I am getting a strap HERE to use with the EG buckle. No experience with this company, but the belts are bridle leather and they seem serious about their leather goods...

Reaction score
Shoreman-----those don't have a detachable penis, er, buckle; they are $35 bucks on eBay; a gaggle of them, even.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those don't have a detachable penis, er, buckle
They claim to. From the website:
2 brass snaps allow penis, er, buckle to be replaced
Of course, I'd be using a different, longer type buckle, but I'll just get a shorter belt. I think they only have brown, though. Someone around here was ordering custom bridle leather belts awhile back. I don't remember who, but the product looked nice and was pretty reasonable, IIRC.

Roland

Reaction score
I ordered a Natural leather belt from Marakesh Leather in Seattle and love it. I also ordered a distressed brown belt from them which is nice as well.

http://www.marakeshleather.com/

If you live in a city, check out your local leather shop. Here in NYC the village tannery will make you a belt out of about 30 leather choices.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland
If you live in a city, check out your local leather shop. Here in NYC the village tannery will make you a belt out of about 30 leather choices.

My favorite suggestion thus far. I'm heading up there for the Jens Lekman show on the 21st, so I'll definitely have to check it out.

And thanks so much for the suggestions guys and keep them coming, I really appreciate it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads