Need A Nice Belt Strap

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

So my Shane buckles came in today and while the straps are nice looking, you can definitely tell they're an afterthought as they're really quite cheaply made (if I had payed full price I might be a little peeved).

Does anyone know where I can get a good strap? I know people love the EG quick release belt, but all I hear are raves about the buckle. How about the strap? I thought about getting a Red Moon via coldrice last month, but passed.

Any takers? It doesn't have to be Henry Cuir or anything on that level, but I want one that is nice enough to compliment the amazing buckles.

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I am getting a strap HERE to use with the EG buckle. No experience with this company, but the belts are bridle leather and they seem serious about their leather goods...

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

My EG alternative will likely be one of these Filson belts, at around $50. Haven't seen one in person, but Filson quality has never disappointed me before.

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Shoreman-----those don't have a detachable penis, er, buckle; they are $35 bucks on eBay; a gaggle of them, even.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

They claim to. From the website:
    Of course, I'd be using a different, longer type buckle, but I'll just get a shorter belt. I think they only have brown, though. Someone around here was ordering custom bridle leather belts awhile back. I don't remember who, but the product looked nice and was pretty reasonable, IIRC.

6. Sator Sartoris

Sator Sartoris Well-Known Member

Where can you get the EG buckle separately?

7. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

I ordered a Natural leather belt from Marakesh Leather in Seattle and love it. I also ordered a distressed brown belt from them which is nice as well.

http://www.marakeshleather.com/

If you live in a city, check out your local leather shop. Here in NYC the village tannery will make you a belt out of about 30 leather choices.

8. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

If you live in a city, check out your local leather shop. Here in NYC the village tannery will make you a belt out of about 30 leather choices.

My favorite suggestion thus far. I'm heading up there for the Jens Lekman show on the 21st, so I'll definitely have to check it out.

And thanks so much for the suggestions guys and keep them coming, I really appreciate it.

9. gza

gza Senior member

For something simple and durable, I don't think you can beat the prices here:

http://www.amishfarmmarketing.com/leatherbelts1.html

I've been wearing one of their 12 oz chestnut straps with my buckles for almost a year, and it still shows very little wear.