Need a new york restaurant recommendation!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Another New Yorker, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

Hey guys.

So i'm going to take a girl to dinner next Friday and I know exactly what I'm looking for but not sure where to go. I'm looking for something I can get reservations for at 7 oclock next Friday, Italian, and about 80 a person for a 3 course meal + wine. maybe I could stretch it out to 100 a person (although seeing as I just graduated high school maybe I shouldnt bother with wine). The atmosphere should be nice and quiet but still very pleasant. My usual joint for these specifications has a new asshole waiter who references every past girl I've taken there each time I show up..

Oh and geographically downtown manhattan is best. Maybe stretch it up to midtown but I'd like to keep it in a nice neighborhood.

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Scalini Fedeli in Tribeca. Really great stuff, very charming place, great area.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Midtown, but Il Gattopardo is great. Maybe on the higher side of what you want to spend.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Babbo. It would be on the higher side of what you want, but the food and experience are great. I was there a couple of nights ago as well as several times before and have loved every visit.

5. redzapper

redzapper Senior member

Convivio in Tudor city is a personal favorite.

Great for dates.

6. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Convivo is great. Tudor is beautiful

7. Another New Yorker

convivio actually looks marvelous. Can someone elaborate to me how their 4 course pre fix menu which they recommend works? does that include all the options? It seems to save a good 20 dollars.

8. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

9. cchen

cchen Senior member

marea is out of his price range and reservations are tough to get. lupa and babbo will be near impossible to get. i second the convivio recommendation

10. rzarector36

rzarector36 Well-Known Member

Do you and your date have fake ID's? How are you going to be ordering wine if you just graduated high school?

11. Another New Yorker

Do you and your date have fake ID's? How are you going to be ordering wine if you just graduated high school?
    Yes. edit: Although few nice restaurants will go through the trouble of carding 18 year olds who could be 21 year olds. I've never been carded in my life at a restaurant where I've paid more than 40 bucks for food (not counting the time i bought 6 burritos at chipotle for some friends and wanted a corona)

12. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Lupa isnt hard to get a table at. If you go after 10 Sunday-Thursday you can get a three course meal and whine for like 20 bucks.

13. cchen

cchen Senior member

Lupa isnt hard to get a table at. If you go after 10 Sunday-Thursday you can get a three course meal and whine for like 20 bucks.

i don't know what you're talking about... lupa this friday and next friday at the times he wants are already unavailable

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

Da Umberto?

lefty