• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a new pair of jeans. What next?

cmrocks

Reaction score
The last pair of jeans I bought were a pair of Diesel Zathans; I'm not sure which wash they were. They are a medium blue color with minimal distressing. I liked the jeans but I bought them in a 30 waist and they have since stretched out a bit and are now way too big.

For my next pair of jeans, I want something straight legged. I like how tight the Zathans are in the upper legs. My next pair would have to be either that tight or slightly tighter but not a lot. I also have a preferance for low rise jeans. Doesn't have to be quite as low as the Zathans but similar.

I'm thinking that a pair of Nudie Slim Jim's look like what I'm after. The only problem is finding those. I can't even find them for sale on the internet anywhere.

What would be another jean that would be similar? I want something darker. Dry denim would be nice but it doesn't have to be. I'll be shopping in Vancouver, BC this weekend by the way.

Thanks a lot.

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
this is a list ofsuperb straight legs:

-that nudie slim jim is an excellent choice

-a.p.c new standard

-rogan monsoon

-evisu vintage fit jeans

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
the NS isn't quite as slim on the thighs as the zathans i believe. it does look slim overall but if you're going for feel it's quite different.

cmrocks

Reaction score
As long as the jean looks slim, I'll be happy.

I've been going to Bikram Yoga quite a bit in the last month and I've lost a full 2 inches off my waist. I'm probably going to need something in a size 28 now.

Anyone know where I can find Evisu Jeans in Vancouver, BC?

ineffable

Reaction score
If you wait until boys' co has their sale you can get nudies for around 90$ cdn (if they still stock them. i haven't been in for a while so I've got no idea). they usually have one around june/early july iirc.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol @ coldrice - increasing japanese denim awareness one person at a time eh.. you've got me sold, damn you.

rag and bone rb11's

Englandmj7

Reaction score
I'm thinking that a pair of Nudie Slim Jim's look like what I'm after. The only problem is finding those. I can't even find them for sale on the internet anywhere.

http://www.fos5.com
http://www.kitchener.ch
http://www.zoovillage.com
http://www.oipolloi.com

Hollywood Trading Co. carries them (Fred Segal; try [email protected], or [email protected], I can't remember), Barney's NY does, etc. etc.

I noticed in your other post you mentioned that you have a big butt....slim jims may look strange on you in that case, so definitely try them on beforehand to be sure before you order some online. Don't pay full retail on them, it is not worth it, they usually go on sale somewhere. In addition to other recommendations, try APC New Standards, they are a bit easier to find, are rather straight/slim, and look great.........

EDIT: I guess only zoovillage and oipolloi carry Slim Jims right now, the others must be out. Zoovillage is a good deal, but only ships to Europe....maybe you have a friend there that will ship them to you from there?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
i found nudies here, if you really want them.

I don't, but how much are they? Yeah, Japanese dudes, in turn, are really into American imports. One Japanese dude I know nearly blew his nut when he saw all the Rogan, Filson, and Barbour he found around here. Rogan especially. Anything by Rogan Gregory or associated with the guy at all. I have an Edun jacket; and he and his friend were inspecting it and going on about it the way people here are going on about Red Moon. Seriously. It was a little wierd.

beefcake

Reaction score
if you're poor, H&M's Sliq
smile.gif

$40 low rise slim fit really dark raw (but soft) denim.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I don't, but how much are they? Yeah, Japanese dudes, in turn, are really into American imports. One Japanese dude I know nearly blew his nut when he saw all the Rogan, Filson, and Barbour he found around here. Rogan especially. Anything by Rogan Gregory or associated with the guy at all. I have an Edun jacket; and he and his friend were inspecting it and going on about it the way people here are going on about Red Moon. Seriously. It was a little wierd.
people always want what they can't have
wink.gif

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beefcake
if you're poor, H&M's Sliq
smile.gif

$40 low rise slim fit really dark raw (but soft) denim.

You forgot one thing, super tight. I have a pair (see post pics of your denim for the pic of them before I started wearing them) and let me say this much, if you do get them, plan on going at least two sizes bigger than your waist. Also, make sure you wash them with out degertent, they have a massive amout of indigo in them.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
i don't know i didn't check the price. i don't like them, they look very strange to me. the back pockets are gigantic.

beefcake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
You forgot one thing, super tight. I have a pair (see post pics of your denim for the pic of them before I started wearing them) and let me say this much, if you do get them, plan on going at least two sizes bigger than your waist. Also, make sure you wash them with out degertent, they have a massive amout of indigo in them.

Hi! I have them too, and I bought my regular W30. I couldn't button them up all the way in the store (couldn't do that with W31 either) but I relised that it would be possible lying down.
laugh.gif

They've stretched out to be fine in the waist, and are (and always were) perfect for me in the thighs. I'm a pretty slim guy though. 68kg/184cm.
I do agree, if you want a more regular look you should go atleast two sizes up.

Yeah I noticed, had to wash my hands every other hour the first few days
smile.gif
I soaked them in cold water with a tiny bit of soap recently though, for like 30 minutes and I lost very little indigo, if any (only starch/dirt and random brownness that I can remember.)

On a sidenote, now that coldrice is available, does anyone know of a japanese jean that's alot like the H&M Sliq in terms of fit? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads