Need A New Clay/Wax to use?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by TheDon, Jul 22, 2008.

1. scfdefinit

scfdefinit Senior member

Another +1 for Gatsby. It works for me.

2. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

How much are you guys paying for a container of wax, like Gatsby? (I'm thinking per container of normal gatsby moving rubber)
    I use it myself, but I get a friend to bring it from Asia because the mark up is 200+% here (costs around $8 there and $30 before taxes here), but I'm wondering what it costs in the States - or do you get people to bring it over from Asia?

3. greasypeanut

greasypeanut Well-Known Member

How much are you guys paying for a container of wax, like Gatsby? (I'm thinking per container of normal gatsby moving rubber)
    I use it myself, but I get a friend to bring it from Asia because the mark up is 200+% here (costs around $8 there and $30 before taxes here), but I'm wondering what it costs in the States - or do you get people to bring it over from Asia?

i bought some gatsby for like 7 dollars.....it was at a supermarket in little tokyo in la though.

4. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

IIRC the little 75g tub of Gatsby Power and Spikes costs around 50 pesos here, or just over a dollar. I usually buy 3 or 4 at a time.

5. callen

callen Well-Known Member

+1 on the bumble and bumble Sumo-Tech. Holds well all day and doesn't look like you have goo in your hair. great product.

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

For very strong hold, I suggest

Sebastian's Xtasy Crude Clay or the one I use is called Giesel Matte Clay and works awesome, except I haven't seen it anywhere else (even online) except where I get it.

Gatsby is very matte, but doesn't give as much hold as I like.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

How much are you guys paying for a container of wax, like Gatsby? (I'm thinking per container of normal gatsby moving rubber) I use it myself, but I get a friend to bring it from Asia because the mark up is 200+% here (costs around $8 there and $30 before taxes here), but I'm wondering what it costs in the States - or do you get people to bring it over from Asia?
    Uwajimaya sells them for 9 or 10 $
    I gotta agree with Tits McGee on this one. Gatsby's been solid since I needed to find a new product after Wella discontinued their MattMaxx.
    I didn't know you had enough hair to use wax? [​IMG] *flexes*

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I didn't know you had enough hair to use wax? [​IMG] *flexes*

Usually I do. Luckily enough for me my tits don't get in the way of applying the wax, either.

9. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

Uwajimaya sells them for 9 or 10 $

IIRC the little 75g tub of Gatsby Power and Spikes costs around 50 pesos here, or just over a dollar. I usually buy 3 or 4 at a time.

i bought some gatsby for like 7 dollars.....it was at a supermarket in little tokyo in la though.

The Canadian import tax is ridiculous then.

10. closetmess

closetmess Senior member

KMS California Hairplay Molding Paste - about $23 at Trade Secrets, been using it for years since I got tired of American Crew et al.

11. ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger Member

I've found that as I try most waxes/pastes, they all seem to turn my blonde hair a shade of brown. Does anyone have any recommendations on a product that would retain my natural color while providing shape and hold? or is this wishful thinking?

12. Alfa

Alfa Senior member

+1 on Gatsby Moving Rubber

I vaccillate between the purple and the gray.

13. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

ebay my nigga.

14. Sable

Sable Member

matrix grooming clay

15. DanTheLadiesMan

DanTheLadiesMan Senior member

I have the baxter of california water pomade and clay wax and have only used both once. If anyone's interested, I'll ship either one to them for $5.00 plus shipping fees or both for $8.00 plus shipping.