Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Need A New Clay/Wax to use?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by TheDon, Jul 22, 2008.

1. scfdefinit

scfdefinit Senior member

Another +1 for Gatsby. It works for me.

2. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

How much are you guys paying for a container of wax, like Gatsby? (I'm thinking per container of normal gatsby moving rubber)
    I use it myself, but I get a friend to bring it from Asia because the mark up is 200+% here (costs around $8 there and $30 before taxes here), but I'm wondering what it costs in the States - or do you get people to bring it over from Asia?

3. greasypeanut

greasypeanut Well-Known Member

How much are you guys paying for a container of wax, like Gatsby? (I'm thinking per container of normal gatsby moving rubber)
    I use it myself, but I get a friend to bring it from Asia because the mark up is 200+% here (costs around $8 there and $30 before taxes here), but I'm wondering what it costs in the States - or do you get people to bring it over from Asia?

i bought some gatsby for like 7 dollars.....it was at a supermarket in little tokyo in la though.

4. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

IIRC the little 75g tub of Gatsby Power and Spikes costs around 50 pesos here, or just over a dollar. I usually buy 3 or 4 at a time.

5. callen

callen Well-Known Member

+1 on the bumble and bumble Sumo-Tech. Holds well all day and doesn't look like you have goo in your hair. great product.

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

For very strong hold, I suggest

Sebastian's Xtasy Crude Clay or the one I use is called Giesel Matte Clay and works awesome, except I haven't seen it anywhere else (even online) except where I get it.

Gatsby is very matte, but doesn't give as much hold as I like.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

How much are you guys paying for a container of wax, like Gatsby? (I'm thinking per container of normal gatsby moving rubber) I use it myself, but I get a friend to bring it from Asia because the mark up is 200+% here (costs around $8 there and $30 before taxes here), but I'm wondering what it costs in the States - or do you get people to bring it over from Asia?
    Uwajimaya sells them for 9 or 10 $
    I gotta agree with Tits McGee on this one. Gatsby's been solid since I needed to find a new product after Wella discontinued their MattMaxx.
    I didn't know you had enough hair to use wax? [​IMG] *flexes*

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I didn't know you had enough hair to use wax? [​IMG] *flexes*

Usually I do. Luckily enough for me my tits don't get in the way of applying the wax, either.

9. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

Uwajimaya sells them for 9 or 10 $

IIRC the little 75g tub of Gatsby Power and Spikes costs around 50 pesos here, or just over a dollar. I usually buy 3 or 4 at a time.

i bought some gatsby for like 7 dollars.....it was at a supermarket in little tokyo in la though.

The Canadian import tax is ridiculous then.

10. closetmess

closetmess Senior member

KMS California Hairplay Molding Paste - about $23 at Trade Secrets, been using it for years since I got tired of American Crew et al.

11. ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger Member

I've found that as I try most waxes/pastes, they all seem to turn my blonde hair a shade of brown. Does anyone have any recommendations on a product that would retain my natural color while providing shape and hold? or is this wishful thinking?

12. Alfa

Alfa Senior member

+1 on Gatsby Moving Rubber

I vaccillate between the purple and the gray.

13. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

ebay my nigga.

14. Sable

Sable Member

matrix grooming clay

15. DanTheLadiesMan

DanTheLadiesMan Senior member

I have the baxter of california water pomade and clay wax and have only used both once. If anyone's interested, I'll ship either one to them for $5.00 plus shipping fees or both for $8.00 plus shipping.