1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Need a Chino upgrade

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by IDvsEGO, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IDvsEGO

IDvsEGO New Member

I recognize this has probably been discussed a million times but search parameters turned up tons of unrelated posts so I apologize in advance for the common topic.

I have been wearing banana Republic aidens for a bit and love the fit. Problem is I feel like the color breaks down quicker than I would like. I tried the bonobos weekday warriors and liked the fit but not the sheen. I could go up to wool pants but I am trying to stick with the "one step above the crowd" rule at work and wool pants would stand out where I am. So with that said, any other suggestions that will hold up better? Let's say $100 or less. I lean heavily towards shades of grey, blue and darker brown. Not a fan of British khaki or even stone.

2. yeknal

yeknal Well-Known Member

If you are happy with the fit of your current chinos send them to Luxire and have them replicate them. Check out the luxire thread.

3. IDvsEGO

IDvsEGO New Member

I like the sound of that. I have some reading to do.

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

I'll second that advice @IDvsEGO. Also, if you'd be willing to spend just a bit more, you should also check out Epaulet's Rivet chinos. They also have a couple other styles/cuts to offer. You can beat the price for the quality they offer.

I have Epaulet Rivets and I've experienced Luxire's replication process...I'm very happy with both.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  5. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

I have both Epaulet and Gustin chinos. I'm moving towards Gustin only as they fit me a bit better. Both are good quality, Gustin have a long lead time though. Definitely can't go wrong with the Epaulet Rivet chinos. Definitely give the buy and sell section here a look too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.