Need a better antiperspirant...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Jovan, May 13, 2006.

1. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Currently using Mitchum, and it works like shit. But I also hate those ones that leave whiteness on the inside of my shirts. When I wear dark shirts it's pretty embarassing to have sweat spots on the armpits. Any suggestions?

2. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior member

After googling around and reading the deoderant thread (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=14400) I went online and bought some Maxim (http://www.stopsweat.com/item/Maxim). It was more expensive than normal antiperspirant, but it actually works. You apply it at night, and after a few days I swear I don't sweat in my armpits really. When I wake up my pits are a bit itchy, but after showering they're fine. I haven't noticed any other parts of me sweating more to compensate, which is nice.

Check out the deoderant thread for other anti-p suggestions. I'd go with Maxim, but I'm sure others work too.

3. dusty

dusty Senior member

Are you using Mitchum stick or gel? The stick sucks, but the gel works fine for me.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Gel... I think it just sweats away or something. Thanks for the recommendation, Spencer!

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Maxim is awesome.

6. visionology

visionology Senior member

Yeah theres a bunch of suggestions in the "deoderant thread" from a few days ago.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Antiperspirants cover your pores, which is unhealthy, whereas deodorants simply mask the smell. Personally, I use the latter; and I use Adidas Dynamic Pulse spray (since roll-on tends to ruin clothes in my experience) deodorant. It is fairly inexpensive and works quite well.

Jon.

8. visionology

visionology Senior member

Covering your pores is not unhealthy, that is a myth. It is harmlessly rerouted to other pores in your body. It is a myth as well that aluminum antiperspirant causes cancer or birth defects.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Covering your pores is not unhealthy, that is a myth. It is harmlessly rerouted to other pores in your body. It is a myth as well that aluminum antiperspirant causes cancer or birth defects.

It's an unnecessary risk I rather not take, plus deodorant works just fine.

Jon.