• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neckties...just bought a couple

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a couple ties this weekend in Atlanta. Â They're both great, but I was surprised to see the pricetags...sheesh.. I'm going to stick to ebay as much as possible-- I expect to pay $135 per tie when I splurge in a store, but no more than that (unless it was a seven fold, which I don't yet own). Â Not the case.. One of them was considerably more; how high will these damned things get???
ties.jpg
I HIGHLY recommend the Bizzocchi ties; great construction and knots perfectly. Â The Brioni looks nice, but MAN are they getting expensive. PS salesperson recommended the one with light blue squares and brown pattern to pair with my french blue shirt and grey flannel suit (which contains a french blue pinstripe). Â Strange, but it works like a charm.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PS salesperson recommended the one with light blue squares and brown pattern to pair with my french blue shirt and grey flannel suit (which contains a french blue pinstripe). Strange, but it works like a charm.
Brown and blue generally work wonderfully together. I like the one on the left particularly, although the one on the right would be good with the right tweedy jacket/suit. In answer to your question, I predict that tie prices will keep going up ad infinitum.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope Chuck does something with a blue/brown combination. I'd much rather buy his ties for $100 than someone else's for $135+.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope Chuck does something with a blue/brown combination.
Are you listening, Chuck? How 'bout you, FIHTies? And while you're at it, how about some more oranges and bottle greens?
wink.gif

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Alias @ 10 Oct. 2004, 10:24) I hope Chuck does something with a blue/brown combination.
Are you listening, Chuck? How 'bout you, FIHTies? And while you're at it, how about some more oranges and bottle greens? Â
wink.gif

listening, listening... (But you KNEW i was didntcha)
wink.gif
JJF

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mmmm, brown/blue and bottle green. Yes please
smile.gif

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I remember a few weeks back we were discussing why there's a price difference between the Kiton 7-folds at Ben Silver and stores like Bergdorf, Saks, etc. The Kiton ties which Ben Silver stocks cost a little less. The Kiton ties I bought from Ben SIlver are not self-tipped, while those available from Bergdorf and Saks are self-tipped.

Jill

Reaction score
I'll answer for Chuck since he's not in the office right now. . . and I usually select our silks anyway.

We are actually ordering a couple of blue / brown ties this week. Just haven't finalized the selection. Also, if one of you could send me the pantone code for "bottle green", I'll see what I can do.

Several of you requested a simple polka dot, which I've not yet been able to find, but will make that a top priority next time we're in Como. I'll go back and review other threads here and Andys, as well as personal emails that you've sent me, to finalize our selections for the next collection.

Thanx as always for the input.

Cesare

Reaction score
I bought a Louis Vuitton tie in their store in Paris about a month ago, the damned thing was about 130 euros
sad.gif
But it looks great and that's what its all about
smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
botlegreen.jpg
Are either of these "bottle green?" I put the pantone code on the swatches in case.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of paying too much for ties....I cannot understand the logic with THIS item:

ebay item 8135341304

What kind of fool pays MORE THAN RETAIL for an Ebay item?.?.?.?.?.?.? Check the bid history on this thing.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see it was purchased by a guy called philly.fan. As a follower of philadelphia sports, I can attest to our shared general poor judgment.

Nice tie, still.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
esp. when they say, buy this before we sell it in out store for $59.99.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see it was purchased by a guy called philly.fan. As a follower of philadelphia sports, I can attest to our shared general poor judgment.

Nice tie, still.
Lol...fourth time's a charm though (go iggles.)

koji

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads