• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Neckties: A Discussion Thread

Steve Prout

Reaction score
Anyone care to either talk me in or out of this tie? There's an ongoing 20 % sale on it, so now would be the time. I like the tie as it offers something different from my current green based ties. Yet, I'm not sure why I'm hesitant. Might be that the size of the motifs are to large making it look busy? Dunno.

Do you know what the "regular" length is for a Juniors tie?

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is a "Juniors" tie?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is a "Juniors" tie?

The green tie I inquired about was from the shop in question.

Wore one of your grenadine ties the other day (you produce the best value for grenadine ties hands down) and was reminded I hadn't visited your site in a long time. You've been adding many interesting Macclesfield ties. Will definitely place an order shortly. Keep up the good work!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the moment I’ve been pairing these two with my black suit. I’ll definitely have to add a silver grenadine to the list. Also want a houndstooth...

View attachment 1647120
Very nice looking! Can't go wrong with a grenadine. Houndstooth (which I don't have any of) looks like they're beautiful as well!

Ameripudlian

Reaction score
Hello, all. I was wondering how the gents on the forum find ties by The Dark Knot and Brooks Brothers? With BB, I know there are many different lines plus the new vs vintage distinction. Are there any specific types of BB ties that anyone would recommend?

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers has classic designs for reppe stripes.

Not sure about their current silk and construction quality...

phzanella

Reaction score
Wanted to try and make my own necktie. Where can I find a similar silk fabric as the style for ties 3 & 4?
1630012413121.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.