1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Necktie templates

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by carlhuber, Jul 24, 2006.

1. carlhuber

carlhuber Senior member

I think I'd like to try my hand at making a necktie myself. I normally loathe wearing them, and my job doesn't remotely require it, but I think I might wear one more often if I made it myself.

I've done some reading on the process, but I'm having a bit of a hangup. Can anyone point me to a place online where I can download a necktie pattern? I'm sure I could go out to some tailor shop and get one there but, well, until I prove to myself that I can create one proficiently I don't want to go too far out of my way.

And no, I don't have any "old" ties I am willing to destroy to trace. I suppose I could see about picking one up for a few bucks at garage sale....

2. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

PM user Mulberrywood on this board. He and his wife operate a bespoke tie company.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

You might also try searching. I recall that within the last month or two, somebody else made a similar post. David or perhaps the gentleman from FIH whose name escapes me for the moment posted advice, and perhaps diagrams.

4. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

5. carlhuber

carlhuber Senior member

PM user Mulberrywood on this board. He and his wife operate a bespoke tie company.

Oh, yes! I've read their wonderful article, which was infinitely helpful, lacking only the cutting pattern itself!

I was not aware he was on this board. Fantastic! I'll send him a PM at once...thank you.

I also do a doubletake each time I return to that article since their last name and mine are so similar (Huber - Hober).

6. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

You might also try searching. I recall that within the last month or two, somebody else made a similar post. David or perhaps the gentleman from FIH whose name escapes me for the moment posted advice, and perhaps diagrams.

Not sure if you're thinking of me, as I started this post: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=17059

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Not sure if you're thinking of me, as I started this post: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=17059
    LOL, yes. That's exactly the thread I was recalling. As Gilda Radner used to say, "never mind".

8. carlhuber

carlhuber Senior member

Hah, perfect! It seems we had the same idea, only mine was a few weeks late. Procrastination, I think.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've made some neckties. I learned by taking apart one of mine and just tracing it. A lot harder than you expect especially when it is a 6 fold.