• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Necktie Knot Crowns by Eric Glennie

eric glennie

Reaction score
Covering the tie knot with a little bling.

Not only is eg one of the most innovative designers in the history of menswear, I am also one of the most innovative fashion stylists in the world today. The fashion world take notice because Eric GLennie has enough innovation for 20 years of revolutionary styles. Stylists should invent new looks, not rehash old news.

What would the world be today if Bill Gates was born 100 years ago or Henry Ford was designing cars in the MIddle Ages. Innovative ideas born beyond their time. My work will not be understood for many years. Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.

Oh my, that sounds quite unpleasant.

However, I'm sure that you would dazzle the middle ages with your given magical gift. I'd actually like to see Mr. Glennie design the costumes for the next Harry Potter movie.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I have one already. You're a couple centuries late on this one.

51dNK4dqW3L._SS400_.jpg

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Covering the tie knot with a little bling.

Not only is eg one of the most innovative designers in the history of menswear, I am also one of the most innovative fashion stylists in the world today. The fashion world take notice because Eric GLennie has enough innovation for 20 years of revolutionary styles. Stylists should invent new looks, not rehash old news.

What would the world be today if Bill Gates was born 100 years ago or Henry Ford was designing cars in the MIddle Ages. Innovative ideas born beyond their time. My work will not be understood for many years. Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.

Oh, come on Glennie.

20 years ago we were drunk at a party. There were serviette rings. Drunck as we were we push it over the tie (some guys probably pushed it over other things) . That's it.

What is next? No, don't tell us.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ummm... your invention is that you took the most aesthetically pleasing part of the tie - and replaced it with a piece of plastic piping you found in your basement... Awesome!
lol8[1].gif
I guess there's a market for your new invention. Perhaps people who want the look of what Willsw pointed out, but just not as attractive. I thought you were banned. Did you bribe J with some of your shirts in exchange for your reinstatement?

jkw

Reaction score
So do you just kinda stuff your tie through that ugly plastic crap and hide the beauty of a well tied knot?

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
Two questions:

1. Where can I buy one of these beauties?

2. How much do they cost?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
p. gliddy... you've outdone yourself this time. You need to encrust one of these with Swarovski crystals to get a true "blinged out" effect. Just my opinion, of course...

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style Pontifex
Two questions:

1. Where can I buy one of these beauties?

2. How much do they cost?

Gentlemen, Its the idea to cover the necktie knot for men , not for womens scarves. Stylists get paid to shop for clothes for their clients and I am showing my idea for free so that every man or woman, not just the rich, can design for themselves to feel stylish.

You can try this at home! simply go into your basement shop and find a piece of copper pipe that is the size of your liking. Bring the prototype to your local jeweler and design your own piece of neck bling . make it of Gold or Platinum~ Put diamonds, rubies, shape it, stampit, or dowhatever you like. Just an idea for a mans necktie, not a scarf.

This is the styleforum and I am showing you my STYLE>

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkw
So do you just kinda stuff your tie through that ugly plastic crap and hide the beauty of a well tied knot?

No, You think superficially. Design is a process, not a product. Design is subjective, not objective.

I think a necktie crown would look fantastic in a marbled, blown glass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads