1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Necklaces to wear with a suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MindEraser, Jul 4, 2011.

1. MindEraser

MindEraser Member

What are some nice necklaces that you can wear with suits that semi stand out? like silver or something

or stuff from this versace fashion

?

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

What are some nice necklaces that you can wear with suits that semi stand out? like silver or something

?

IF you MUST then get yourself a pendant of your own choosing and go to a jeweler to have a length of chain made up. It is less likely that you will find such things in the shops. Alternately find a priest and steal his (crucufix).

Women wear necklaces, men have chains albeit usually worn under the shirt not in this fashion.

3. RSS

RSS Senior member

I suppose you might consider doing what the post above recommends ... but well dressed men do not wear necklaces.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

It's something new in fashion, this could be the trend in next few years.

Hopefully not.

5. cmacey

cmacey Senior member

I suppose you might consider doing what the post above recommends ... but well dressed men do not wear necklaces.

They do if there is a St Christopher's pendant attached -- understated, under shirt, and always with a tie on.

I have only taken mine off three times; all of which for surgeries...real men do wear necklaces.

6. Subtle70

Subtle70 Member

?

Stop it. Stop it now!

7. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

yikes
    as if bracelets werent bad enough...

8. RSS

RSS Senior member

I have only taken mine off three times; all of which for surgeries...real men do wear necklaces.
    I said nothing about 'real men' ... I said 'well dressed men.' [​IMG]

9. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

10. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

11. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior member

They do if there is a St Christopher's pendant attached -- understated, under shirt, and always with a tie on. I have only taken mine off three times; all of which for surgeries...real men do wear necklaces.
    I've got news for you: the medal doesn't seem to be working.

12. landshark

landshark Senior member

Wearing an exposed necklace is for people with a ghetto mentality.

13. Annadale

Annadale Senior member

Wearing an exposed necklace is for people with a ghetto mentality.

Sorry, can you explain to me and the other readers what, exactly, is a 'ghetto mentality'?

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Sorry, can you explain to me and the other readers what, exactly, is a 'ghetto mentality'?

[​IMG]

15. blahman

blahman Senior member

I wear a necklace. Gold chain with jade pendant. Had it on since I was 5. Nothing wrong with wearing necklaces. Mine doesn't get seen except when playing sports and it pops out of the collar though.

Necklaces for the sake of fashion are teh ghey though.

16. Mac

Mac Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Not from the ghetto.

17. landshark

landshark Senior member

It doesn't matter. He acts like he is. It's not just black people or rappers. It is often times white people. It can be anyone who enjoys living like a thug and actively pursues that image.

18. Mac

Mac Senior member

Living like a thug? In what way does Lil Wayne live, or enjoy living like a thug? You're stereotyping rappers and/or people who like a certain genre of music by pigeonholing them into a category of criminals.

Thug Life is not living like a thug. It's when one comes from nothing, overcomes obstacles, and succeeds in what they did/do. People like Jay-Z—critics might not admit it, but nobody has done it quite like he has done it.

19. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior member

Living like a thug? In what way does Lil Wayne live, or enjoy living like a thug?

Does having four children by four different mothers count? Does going to prison for a year count? Does having a face covered with tattoos count?

20. Mac

Mac Senior member

Does having four children by four different mothers count?
    And I can guarantee you he takes care of every single one of his children and their mothers—which is more than can be said for most.
    Does going to prison for a year count?
    The prison thing was a bloody publicity stunt. They found it on his tour bus, it could have been anyone's gun on the bus, and it was most likely one of his security guards.
    Does having a face covered with tattoos count?
    And when his mother told him he had one too many tear tattoos on his face, what did he do? That's right, he got one removed. Please, keep going…