"Necessary" Sport Coats:

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Newcomer, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

What size do you normally wear Moo? The jacket itself is nice. Do you feel snugness around the shoulders/upper arms? While I don't think the shoulders are too big, the fit looks a bit off, but not because it is too tight either. Trying to put my finger on it.

Me too. It seems "squished" somehow but I can't put my figure on it either. I like the fabric though.

All this hard work for nothing:

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

What size do you normally wear Moo? The jacket itself is nice. Do you feel snugness around the shoulders/upper arms? While I don't think the shoulders are too big, the fit looks a bit off, but not because it is too tight either. Trying to put my finger on it.

I'm a 44/45/46 depending on maker. I'm currently losing weight, so I may be a 43/44/45 now. It has very high arm holes and I have greater than average sized arms, so it's a tad tight but not uncomfortably so.

3. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

All this hard work for nothing: [​IMG]
    Better. Needs to be a smidge longer though.

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

^^ok. i remember now. it''s the gaping at the chest.

5. mafoofan

^^ok. i remember now. it''s the gaping at the chest.

And the short length. And the high button stance. And the too-spread-apart patch pockets.

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

And the short length. And the high button stance. And the too-spread-apart patch pockets.

of course. i meant those too.

7. Mr. Moo

I like it. [​IMG] The gaping is less now that I've lost a bit of weight.

8. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

Those jackets are very nice. Do you have a similar summer collection?

summer in San Francisco is a relative thing [​IMG]

l-r: Adriano & Sons herringbone, Loro Piana corduroy, Borrelli brown linen, Corneliani unlined wool/linen blend
    [​IMG]
    with flash
    [​IMG]

9. mafoofan

I like it. [​IMG] The gaping is less now that I've lost a bit of weight.

Maybe, but the other problems will remain. No matter how much thinner you get, it will be too short and the buttoning point will be too hgih.

10. Mr. Moo

Maybe, but the other problems will remain. No matter how much thinner you get, it will be too short and the buttoning point will be too hgih.

I know, and you'll never like it or think it looks good. I can live with that. Can you? [​IMG]

11. mafoofan

I know, and you'll never like it or think it looks good. I can live with that. Can you? [​IMG]

Hey, I'm not the one wearing the wretched rag. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters--to you. But because I care about this community and the promotion of un-ugly odd jackets, I will continue to hunt down your posts supporting this abomination and counter them with acute, unabashed hate. If you see the light one day, that will just be icing on the cake. Believe it or not, I care about your soul, too.

12. Diavolo

Diavolo Senior member

summer in San Francisco is a relative thing [​IMG]

l-r: Adriano & Sons herringbone, Loro Piana corduroy, Borrelli brown linen, Corneliani unlined wool
    [​IMG]

Thank You. Also nice. I understand unlined white linen might be a bit much for SF. Love the blue and browns.

13. mafoofan

[​IMG]

These are perfectly nice and nobody with any taste will ever fault them, but it seems to me that odd jackets should be more . . . odd. Assuming you wear both suits and odd jackets, it's nice for there to be a strong distinction between them. In the case of your selections, the differences are limited to slightly coarser cloth and brighter colors.

Still, if your style leans toward the more quiet, and particularly if you wear bigger shirt patterns, these are great. I wear the same shirts with everything, so I require my jackets to do really change the tone of my outfits.

14. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Many good suggestions so far.

Also worth considering would be a speckled, variegated blue or brown Donegal, and a tan camel hair or cashmere.

The classic Brooks Brothers odd jackets would be a navy hopsack blazer, a brown and/or grey herringbone tweed, and a tan camel hair. What was true then remains true.

- B

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

These are perfectly nice and nobody with any taste will ever fault them, but it seems to me that odd jackets should be more . . . odd. Assuming you wear both suits and odd jackets, it's nice for there to be a strong distinction between them. In the case of your selections, the differences are limited to slightly coarser cloth and brighter colors. Still, if your style leans toward the more quiet, and particularly if you wear bigger shirt patterns, these are great. I wear the same shirts with everything, so I require my jackets to do really change the tone of my outfits.
    Uh oh. We have a more foo than foo foo. [​IMG]