• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neapolitan Sport Coat

Astaroth

Reaction score
It's a shame to have a perfect item just in the wrong cloth. I happened to me before, due to lack of knowledge of fabrics. I think is just a matter of experience.

The thing is that I live in Barcelona and it would be quite odd to me to have an appointment with a neapolitan tailor in London. I just prefer to visit Naples when possible and then have calmly the stage of fittings as needed.

I did get cold feet after selected it but they did convince me it would be fine... unfortunately I should have stuck to my guns. Dont get me wrong, it is a nice fabric and I do use the jacket but it is just more formal than I wanted/ needed which wouldnt be a problem if I had a wardrobe full of jackets but I dont, yet.

Didnt realise you were overseas so yes, seeing them in Naples probably does make more sense unless you're wanting to see other London based firms at the same time.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that Solito charge the same in London as in Naples, though I could be wrong

Sure that is not the Naples price, and a few Neapolitan tailors do charge over it, also any Neapolitan pays those turist prices.

People overprice due to bloggers who have any idea of even in what world they live as i have exposed most of them.

The question is, have you all ever seen a single blogger dressed properly?

Me either, so why to read their nonsense if not as i do, only for comical reasons?

See the sleeves of the tailor of the actual King of Spain, so defective that in Naples won´t pass any tailoring exam, " tailor" is Jaime Gallo from Madrid, price 3000euros for this aberration than even for 200 won´t be done as bad in Naples, as tailors are all from school, not as this one. Also notice the wrong and random placement of breast pocket.

He self say is " the best needle of the world", who " beat" Savile and Neapolitan tailors.

Spanish bloggers "confirmed" that. ( after freebies and/or a payment for fake reviews going from 1500 to 6000e depending the case)

Now see the habitual wrong sleeves by same " tailor" for the non less than the King of Spain, totally untolerable. Note also the pull on the main button due to poor patternmaking and the aberration of the so close buttons, specially on a person to close to 2 meters tall. that gives an unproportioned and bad looking ( the trousers are always a wrinkled baggy nightmare) but that is another story, as we are talking about jackets.

Now see an ex minister by other " tailor", currently shilled by other of this " bloggers". who now has a waiting list of igents able to pay a lot for this defective low tailoring.
Now Langa, the other said as " best " of Madrid, if before on the same blog, the best needle of the world was other, how now is this one? Note that.

Last edited:

Astaroth

Reaction score
Sorry, barely understood a word of that rant.

So you are saying Solito does or doesnt charge the same amount in Naples as London? Despite quoting me saying the price was the same you didnt actually discuss the matter as far as I can tell

As to the junk about if the King of Spain has well made sleeves or not..... that fits to if tailors charge the same prices overseas as to at home pricing how?

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, barely understood a word of that rant.

So you are saying Solito does or doesnt charge the same amount in Naples as London? Despite quoting me saying the price was the same you didnt actually discuss the matter as far as I can tell

As to the junk about if the King of Spain has well made sleeves or not..... that fits to if tailors charge the same prices overseas as to at home pricing how?

If you " barely understood a word of that rant", then reread the " rant "as i explained very well. Blogger i assume?

Astaroth

Reaction score
Blogger i assume?
I have written one blog post in my life and it was to do with the multinational marine reinsurance market and proposed changes to the French reinsurance law..... take that as a yes if you wish but it'll probably not help your case

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have written one blog post in my life and it was to do with the multinational marine reinsurance market and proposed changes to the French reinsurance law..... take that as a yes if you wish but it'll probably not help your case
Thank you!
cheers.gif

doodledoc

Reaction score
If you " barely understood a word of that rant", then reread the " rant "as i explained very well. Blogger i assume?

I get it. Many of these renowned tailors that charge thousands of dollars for a suit that may be low quality or use poor technique. I actually do believe you when you say it. You are pointing out flaws in these suits. It also makes total sense that some people are paying an extra $2000 only for a brand name when the quality is so low. But in your posts, you harshly criticize these tailors/brands on their poor technique without providing tailors that have good technique or tailors that charge reasonable prices. You just **** all these tailors over and over again. You even said

"tailor is Jaime Gallo from Madrid, price 3000euros for this aberration than even for 200 won´t be done as bad in Naples"

You warn the thread author about using these tailors and warn that a bunch of bloggers are going to direct message the author about ****** tailors. How come you personally don't provide a good tailor in Italy?

philipf90

Reaction score
I th
Sure that is not the Naples price, and a few Neapolitan tailors do charge over it, also any Neapolitan pays those turist prices. People overprice due to bloggers who have any idea of even in what world they live as i have exposed most of them. The question is, have you all ever seen a single blogger dressed properly? Me either, so why to read their nonsense if not as i do, only for comical reasons? See the sleeves of the tailor of the actual King of Spain, so defective that in Naples won´t pass any tailoring exam, " tailor" is Jaime Gallo from Madrid, price 3000euros for this aberration than even for 200 won´t be done as bad in Naples, as tailors are all from school, not as this one. Also notice the wrong and random placement of breast pocket. He self say is " the best needle of the world", who " beat" Savile and Neapolitan tailors. Spanish bloggers "confirmed" that. ( after freebies and/or a payment for fake reviews going from 1500 to 6000e depending the case) Now see the habitual wrong sleeves by same " tailor" for the non less than the King of Spain, totally untolerable. Note also the pull on the main button due to poor patternmaking and the aberration of the so close buttons, specially on a person to close to 2 meters tall. that gives an unproportioned and bad looking ( the trousers are always a wrinkled baggy nightmare) but that is another story, as we are talking about jackets. Now see an ex minister by other " tailor", currently shilled by other of this " bloggers". who now has a waiting list of igents able to pay a lot for this defective low tailoring. Now Langa, the other said as " best " of Madrid, if before on the same blog, the best needle of the world was other, how now is this one? Note that.
I think this post is slightly off-topic. For the benefit of readers, please let's stick to content that concerns the subject - a neapolitan sport coat.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get it. Many of these renowned tailors that charge thousands of dollars for a suit that may be low quality or use poor technique. I actually do believe you when you say it. You are pointing out flaws in these suits. It also makes total sense that some people are paying an extra $2000 only for a brand name when the quality is so low. But in your posts, you harshly criticize these tailors/brands on their poor technique without providing tailors that have good technique or tailors that charge reasonable prices. You just **** all these tailors over and over again. You even said

"tailor is Jaime Gallo from Madrid, price 3000euros for this aberration than even for 200 won´t be done as bad in Naples"

You warn the thread author about using these tailors and warn that a bunch of bloggers are going to direct message the author about ****** tailors. How come you personally don't provide a good tailor in Italy?

Because simply as i have explained tons of times, i do not shill anyone. For several reasons;

First of all, dignity.

Second, i do not get any money, unless as others, from recommending any, even of my own circle.

If i ever did that, my speech would be a fail and you know it. Simply as that.

Resume, if i recommend any, those shills i dismantle would tell me i am shill of other group.

As you all know, i am not all day posting horrible pics saying He-man, Master of the Universe on Via Chiaia 666, Naples, best tailor ever. I do not pm people as others do and are only for that reason on forums, trying to fish any client for my circle of masters and friends, so their own garments get free or get a huge discount. I simply critic the bad, frauds, overpaying and dirty things on the business i belong to ( those do not), for simply ethic reasons and to help consumers to get scammed as i was tons of times by this kind of dishonest people.

The last sentence, i am studying, practising with the best tailors of the world, so another reason to do not hype, shill, mention them. Basic ethics. Also, and this might sound offensive, but not my intention, as i have explained several times, real tailors do have the best clientele in the world, those who go with their millionaire huge yachts or send ( this is for real) his private jet, with all the tripulation, to pick up 50 exact same suits on navy and grey to the airport of Naples, and put a few of them on each on their mansions around, and return on the same day home, while they could use DHL for it for a few hundreds.

This kind of real tailors, do not want their names published, or sorry to say, have clients who got any idea but are bothering a full year for a single suit ( not meaning all the possible customers are this way) ( on the positive case they ever commision one) on the internet. Also, those real tailors do not want to have clients as several of my expossed, with looney looks walking on the stairs of their sartorias, giving a clownish look around. ( Also this is for real)

I know this sounds bad, but is the true and let´s face it, that is the clientele of most forums, internet. I am too lucky to be their apprentice, and my goal is to end, not to bother them shilling and lowering their names or the master tailors taking me as unserious, timewaster.

I sent an international tv to do a program of how a suit, shirt and tie is made. The tv people bothered us several days changing the date, came 6 hours late on the last appointment made, made the boss, a megamillionaire, waiting extra hours, even when the factory and workers left at 17 pm. The program was censored by unkown reasons and never on air.

I did the best and that unserious behaviour left me on the most biggest ridicule. Another reason to never shill, added to as i said, the main one, ethics.

Example, does your local Ferrari shop likes to have 20 kids taking pics or asking to get a free ride all day to the clients, bosses, owners, free brochures etc? I did once when i was a kid and can tell you, never again.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SartodiNapoli

I can understand you not wanting to come across like a "shill." But I think it would be better to give the original poster at least one or two names of tailors you actually value, instead of constantly ******** on the tailors you dislike (your point has been made...).

Also, for my own benefit, I'd really appreciate it if you could post a few pictures of exceptionally good tailoring (even if you don't name the tailor(s)). I mean, you have managed to find and post numerous examples of bad tailoring. Surely you can share a few images of what the really excellent folks are making/wearing...

Thanks!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is anyone taking this Sartorial guy seriously, again?
His argument is basically that he won't recommend good tailors because it would lead to a flood of unwelcome business or interest from people who aren't serious about good tailoring and would be wasting these master's time.
How, without recommendations, does anyone who isn't an expert reach these masters? If he knows the best, shouldn't he be able to at least pm the interested posters some names once he has determined that they are actually serious about getting quality tailoring?
The pictures he posted above of Spanish royalty are so obviously bad that ******** on them is an obvious waste of energy. No one on this forum would call that good tailoring.
Can't you even post a picture, without naming names, thereby in you mind "shilling" of a well-fitting suit or jacket so the rest of us can benefit from your supposed knowledge?
@SartodiNapoli

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why is anyone taking this Sartorial guy seriously, again?
His argument is basically that he won't recommend good tailors because it would lead to a flood of unwelcome business or interest from people who aren't serious about good tailoring and would be wasting these master's time.
How, without recommendations, does anyone who isn't an expert reach these masters? If he knows the best, shouldn't he be able to at least pm the interested posters some names once he has determined that they are actually serious about getting quality tailoring?
The pictures he posted above of Spanish royalty are so obviously bad that ******** on them is an obvious waste of energy. No one on this forum would call that good tailoring.
Can't you even post a picture, without naming names, thereby in you mind "shilling" of a well-fitting suit or jacket so the rest of us can benefit from your supposed knowledge?
@SartodiNapoli

It's his MO....block the man and move on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads