• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neapolitan Morning Trousers

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I may have mentioned some time ago, I had to commission a pair of morning trousers. On my recent visit to Naples, I could not meet with Gianni Volpe's trousermaker, Marco, to discuss the changes to my pattern that Morning trousers would require, and therefore I went to his uncle, Pasquale Mola, previously featured on this forum about a Japanese magazine article I believe.

In any case, we met on a Monday evening without notice, then again on Tuesday lunch time for the basted fitting, which was virtually perfect but for very minor details, and I collected the finish trouser on Friday lunch time.

This is a picture with the fabric swatch of H Lesser used:

And here some other details:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking immaculate, double american pleats?

Really would like to have a fit pic

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Double reverse pleats are typical in Naples. Forward pleats are quite an abnormality.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why only one back pocket? My bias is two or none.

Can tell from this picture they know how to attach the waistband, this is good tailoring

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

How come?

This will sound crazy, and it might be, but I was thinking about this earlier this evening when we were out to dinner.

Basically, I almost never use a back pocket and when I do,it's just one. Tonight it contained two Ninjago figurines reclaimed from my nephew and son suddenly around the first course.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can you identify the culprit?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That looks a like a stylish bottle of wine.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had charred Mackerel and then spaghetti carbonara but unfortunately no Champagne and fortunately no encounters with Ninjago figurines.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I had charred Mackerel and then spaghetti carbonara but unfortunately no Champagne and fortunately no encounters Ninjago figurines.

Real carbonara? There used to be a fantastic Italian restaurant right next to the Oxxford factory. Closed up half way through law school. Chicago spurned me, and so I spurn Chicago.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not sure how real it was. It tasted very real. It was at Lupa, I was in New York today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads