• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ndg style, quality, price

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I would say that NDG rising costs are because of growing popularity more than anything

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
sorry but i don't think you understand economics very well
lolwut Then neither does Anna Schwartz.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I would say that NDG rising costs are because of growing popularity more than anything
I think its half and half.

hankwx

Reaction score
s/s 09 are on 60% off, or around there, rite now at barneys...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
From 2006, still my take on it. If you read the thread you'll see dodonggho (sp) saying he'd never wear a leather shirt in reference to my carpe leather shirt, he probably owns two by now. Jet also talks about coping CDiem boots and I know he did a couple (?) months later. You can also see how a lot of people weren't as desensitized about pricing as they now are (I call it reasonably priced for what is is and some reacted strongly against that).

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=100

hankwx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
From 2006, still my take on it. If you read the thread you'll see dodonggho (sp) saying he'd never wear a leather shirt in reference to my carpe leather shirt, he probably owns two by now. Jet also talks about coping CDiem boots and I know he did a couple (?) months later. You can also see how a lot of people weren't as desensitized about pricing as they now are (I call it reasonably priced for what is is and some reacted strongly against that). http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=100
agree question bout contextclothing...thx guys. ive never bought from them before. dont they offer some kind of discount to SF members? how does that work? i read a thread about it, but cant find it rite now... theres a ndg shirt tat i want

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who don't live in ny, you should try to find a proxy during sales seasons. (There are a few members who do nyc pick up for a fee on sufu). You can find some great deals at 70% and last seasons stocks. Last week, they have the nylon helmet bag from ss 08 on sales for $50. i went back today, they jacked up the price to $93. Also their lower level is awesome. a few weeks ago, they had common projects, p. ervell, boO on sales for 60%/70% off.

hankwx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
For those who don't live in ny, you should try to find a proxy during sales seasons. (There are a few members who do nyc pick up for a fee on sufu). You can find some great deals at 70% and last seasons stocks. Last week, they have the nylon helmet bag from ss 08 on sales for $50. i went back today, they jacked up the price to $93. Also their lower level is awesome. a few weeks ago, they had common projects, p. ervell, boO on sales for 60%/70% off.

boO style is so preppie for work and hangout. the style is very NYC!

personally, i dont think they fit asians very well. theyre either too big or too small. the shirt sleeves are reallie long too. i like boO nevertheless!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hankwx
boO style is so preppie for work and hangout. the style is very NYC!

personally, i dont think they fit asians very well. theyre either too big or too small. the shirt sleeves are reallie long too. i like boO nevertheless!

They have a women's line, some of the jackets and shirts fit men well as they're meant as a sorta "girls dressing in boys clothes" line.

hankwx

Reaction score
They have a women's line, some of the jackets and shirts fit men well as they're meant as a sorta "girls dressing in boys clothes" line.
are u suggesting that i buy their women's line?
facepalm.gif
ill stick to my ndg, hehe! i think its called BOY by band of outsiders. my friend likes the label. she has a couple of shirts and a boy blazer from them.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hankwx
are u suggesting that i buy their women's line?
facepalm.gif

ill stick to my ndg, hehe!

i think its called BOY by band of outsiders. my friend likes the label. she has a couple of shirts and a boy blazer from them.

It doesn't have ****** prints all over the jackets. If it fits you well and you like the style why wouldn't you buy the women's line?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
women's line is significantly more expensive then men's and is a totally different animal (pretty sure it was completely licensed out)

hankwx

Reaction score
It doesn't have ****** prints all over the jackets. If it fits you well and you like the style why wouldn't you buy the women's line?

teacha.gif
tip taken...

im bad with humor, so i hope ur serious 'bout the advice. ill go try their blazer next time. hah!

a lot of women wear dior homme stuff, so i guess i can cross shop...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hankwx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
women's line is significantly more expensive then men's and is a totally different animal (pretty sure it was completely licensed out)

my friend has BOY label stuff. the blazer is top notch quality. expensive...hack ya!!!

hazE

Reaction score
NDG_striped_vneck.jpg

anyone know where I can get this v? not the same one as the one on oki-ni/context with the white neck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics