1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ndg style, quality, price

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hankwx, Jul 29, 2009.

1. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

They're both amazing, especially the jacket, which fits great, is super-warm, and is obviously going to last forever.

That's a nice jacket but anything with ribbing isn't going to last forever (at least you'll have to replace the ribbing at some point)

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

being 'Made in Japan' is a good point, of course that can be all over the place but it's a good start. They have high aspirations, considering they were a printed tee shirt brand at the beginning, but don't we all? [​IMG]

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If you buy an outerwear piece, get it from a place with a good return policy. I've salivated over many of their jackets, and tried quite a few on in person. Their fits and patterns seem to be all over the place. In some jackets, a Small is loose on me - in others a Large is skin-tight.

I'm a huge fan of their styling though.

4. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

If you buy an outerwear piece, get it from a place with a good return policy. I've salivated over many of their jackets, and tried quite a few on in person. Their fits and patterns seem to be all over the place. In some jackets, a Small is loose on me - in others a Large is skin-tight.

I'm a huge fan of their styling though.

The things I've tried seemed pretty consistent... weird.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

NDG is an ok brand, nothing exceptional style or quality wise, and I think that the MIJ hype isn't worth the pricing.

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

Who even carries this stuff with a decent selection? Who puts it on sale?

7. APK

APK Senior member

Kiosk78, a UK retailer, had a decent selection of their S/S stuff that got marked down a fair amount not long ago.

8. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

I'd like to buy some of their knitwear, but I wonder whether military surplus gear which NDG pieces are based on would be a better value. I'd expect the quality to be good and the cuts to be good, considering that most guys in the military are in good shape.

9. jet

jet Senior member

Far better knits out there.

10. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Costs will continue to rise. Inflation is much much higher than CPI, especially on commodities.

sorry but i don't think you understand economics very well

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

I would say that NDG rising costs are because of growing popularity more than anything

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

sorry but i don't think you understand economics very well
    lolwut Then neither does Anna Schwartz.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

I would say that NDG rising costs are because of growing popularity more than anything
    I think its half and half.

14. hankwx

hankwx Senior member

s/s 09 are on 60% off, or around there, rite now at barneys...

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

From 2006, still my take on it. If you read the thread you'll see dodonggho (sp) saying he'd never wear a leather shirt in reference to my carpe leather shirt, he probably owns two by now. Jet also talks about coping CDiem boots and I know he did a couple (?) months later. You can also see how a lot of people weren't as desensitized about pricing as they now are (I call it reasonably priced for what is is and some reacted strongly against that).

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=100

16. hankwx

hankwx Senior member

From 2006, still my take on it. If you read the thread you'll see dodonggho (sp) saying he'd never wear a leather shirt in reference to my carpe leather shirt, he probably owns two by now. Jet also talks about coping CDiem boots and I know he did a couple (?) months later. You can also see how a lot of people weren't as desensitized about pricing as they now are (I call it reasonably priced for what is is and some reacted strongly against that). http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=100
    agree question bout contextclothing...thx guys. ive never bought from them before. dont they offer some kind of discount to SF members? how does that work? i read a thread about it, but cant find it rite now... theres a ndg shirt tat i want

17. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

For those who don't live in ny, you should try to find a proxy during sales seasons. (There are a few members who do nyc pick up for a fee on sufu). You can find some great deals at 70% and last seasons stocks. Last week, they have the nylon helmet bag from ss 08 on sales for $50. i went back today, they jacked up the price to $93. Also their lower level is awesome. a few weeks ago, they had common projects, p. ervell, boO on sales for 60%/70% off.

18. hankwx

hankwx Senior member

For those who don't live in ny, you should try to find a proxy during sales seasons. (There are a few members who do nyc pick up for a fee on sufu). You can find some great deals at 70% and last seasons stocks. Last week, they have the nylon helmet bag from ss 08 on sales for $50. i went back today, they jacked up the price to $93. Also their lower level is awesome. a few weeks ago, they had common projects, p. ervell, boO on sales for 60%/70% off.

boO style is so preppie for work and hangout. the style is very NYC!

personally, i dont think they fit asians very well. theyre either too big or too small. the shirt sleeves are reallie long too. i like boO nevertheless!

19. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

boO style is so preppie for work and hangout. the style is very NYC!

personally, i dont think they fit asians very well. theyre either too big or too small. the shirt sleeves are reallie long too. i like boO nevertheless!

They have a women's line, some of the jackets and shirts fit men well as they're meant as a sorta "girls dressing in boys clothes" line.

20. hankwx

hankwx Senior member

They have a women's line, some of the jackets and shirts fit men well as they're meant as a sorta "girls dressing in boys clothes" line.
    are u suggesting that i buy their women's line? [​IMG] ill stick to my ndg, hehe! i think its called BOY by band of outsiders. my friend likes the label. she has a couple of shirts and a boy blazer from them.