• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ndg style, quality, price

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I should have said I want the jacket to be well tailored, rather than "not bulky". What I mean is, a down jacket for example is bulky, but can still be well tailored. That's what I was thinking when I said the N2 and Anorak.

So you think the N2 and/or Anorak will make for a decent winter jacket? Is the lining on either of those removable? Also what is the lining for the Anorak? It looks like it's not lined with anything from pictures, but the fur trim makes me think it's got something in there to keep you warm.

Also what do you mean by field jacket? Do you mean the M65?

I was also considering Krane's Elliot Anorak, if anyone has an opinion on that, but I just don't think it's going to be warm enough.

Krane's Elliot Anorak definitely is not fit to be a winter jacket. Its a great waxed raincoat--but definitely spring or summer. Its not lined in anything but chambray.

hankwx

Reaction score
hey onion. ive tried on almost all pieces of F/W 2009 Ndg. i wanna help, but i dunno wut exactly u want. sorry...
frown.gif
blush.gif
EDIT: major typos...

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone try on their wool blazer this season? Is the cut short and slim? thanks.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on B+S who has one for sale.

That pocket on the top right hand side looks marsupialed.

podpod

Reaction score
Wow that NDG field coat looks great, although I wonder if it'll be warm enough for the weather in Vancouver. We got some a lot more snow last year than usual and the weather drops down low at times. I checked out some NDGxW+H collab stuff (hoodies and cardigans) at Roden Gray, the hoodies especially look top notch. It's a heavy cotton hoodie that's very thick and stitched together great. The shawl cardigans look phenomenal as well but they are quite expensive, leaving a big dent in my wallet. Anyway, the NDGxW+H stuff is a for sure check out and cop, especially if you're in need of a warm winter hoodie.

hankwx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
Has anyone try on their wool blazer this season? Is the cut short and slim? thanks.

yes it's slim, but it's not cut that short...

Originally Posted by podpod
Wow that NDG field coat looks great, although I wonder if it'll be warm enough for the weather in Vancouver. We got some a lot more snow last year than usual and the weather drops down low at times. I checked out some NDGxW+H collab stuff (hoodies and cardigans) at Roden Gray, the hoodies especially look top notch. It's a heavy cotton hoodie that's very thick and stitched together great. The shawl cardigans look phenomenal as well but they are quite expensive, leaving a big dent in my wallet. Anyway, the NDGxW+H stuff is a for sure check out and cop, especially if you're in need of a warm winter hoodie.

the wool great coat is thin actually.

DCU

Reaction score
Any firsthand experiences with this jacket?

1111.jpg

I'm thinking about getting this as my jacket for the fall months...

false

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DCU
Any firsthand experiences with this jacket?

1111.jpg

I'm thinking about getting this as my jacket for the fall months...

I don't know much but be careful to look around at some other shots on other sites. I thought it looked great in that one picture but when I found some other fit pics on retailer sites I thought it was really bland.

hankwx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by false
I don't know much but be careful to look around at some other shots on other sites. I thought it looked great in that one picture but when I found some other fit pics on retailer sites I thought it was really bland.

the jacket is uncomfortable. the outer fabric feels like sand paper. me no likey~! all other pieces in the collection are great.

can someone back me up on this? anyone bought the khaki parka and likes it?

michaelp123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hankwx
FW09 field jacket...
smile.gif

That is a great jacket! I want. Mind sharing how much that set you back? How heavy is the lining?

michaelp123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelp123
That is a great jacket! I want. Mind sharing how much that set you back? How heavy is the lining?

Just got back from NdG store in NYC.. and now I have. FYI, I'm a 38R, medium fits me perfect. Jacket has very slim cut, high arm holes and a thinish lining. $660, a bit pricey.

hankwx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelp123
Just got back from NdG store in NYC.. and now I have. FYI, I'm a 38R, medium fits me perfect. Jacket has very slim cut, high arm holes and a thinish lining. $660, a bit pricey.

fistbump.gif
its awesome isnt it...
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads