• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ndg style, quality, price

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are rather ugly.

I'm a big NdG fan also.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The red orange one might not be too terrible for those who want something edgy.. but at the price points these things will be at, pretty disappointing. (NDG and W&H are good enough on their own, stop collaborating
smile.gif
)

AGPi

Reaction score
I now have the v-neck knit and it's amazing.

Lachy

Reaction score
Nice, what colour did you get? Post up some pics, please.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to order the v neck and crew neck in blue marl.

I'll post up pics when they arrive.

foxnwolf

Reaction score
i was trying a half-sleeve shirt in the nyc store and the buttons basically fell off. tried another shirt and same thing. so i walked out giving the sales guy the shirts and a handfull of buttons..

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ really? That's a shocker, most of their buttons are thick. I own like 5 shirts and never have a problem with their buttons falling off.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foxnwolf
i was trying a half-sleeve shirt in the nyc store and the buttons basically fell off. tried another shirt and same thing. so i walked out giving the sales guy the shirts and a handfull of buttons..
This is a problem with all non-lockstitched buttons. It's pretty much luck.

AGPi

Reaction score
I got the oatmeal colour from Ryon. I didn't feel like waiting for the stock to arrive in the Sydney stores. It seems a bit softer than last year's knits, and is just as nicely constructed. Very happy with it.

Lachy

Reaction score
Sydney stores? What Sydney stores? Dare I ask what their markup is like?

AGPi

Reaction score
Sydney stores: both Incu stores (one in the conservative business dress, and the other in Paddington) and Our Spot, and possibly others.

super

Reaction score
the markup is rediciulous...

our spot when it used to be open sold a shirt for $400AU.

it retailed for 135 pounds.

i bought it on sale for 67 pounds - $140AUD

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah crazy prices.

Lachy it is better to go through known retailers as the prices are good.

hankwx

Reaction score
has anyone purchased anything from F/W 2009 yet?

i like the khaki jacket. this:
1111.jpg

i do notice the fur is polyester (fake). my guess is that fake fur is stronger and will last longer than real fur. how will this piece dry clean? i dont want to buy a one time wear dud that cant be dry cleaned.

someone from an earlier post mentioned that ndg quality is not all it's sound to be. after 3 seasons of experience...i think it's SO-SO!

lastly, this season's inspiration feels like WWII eastern front, the russian side.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads