1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

NDG Marled Brown Shawl Cardigan from FW09 - Size Medium

Discussion in '2011-2017 Streetwear' started by Marlowe, Jul 3, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlowe

Marlowe Member

I bought this sweater from here a while ago (and I’m shamelessly using the original seller’s pictures) and I never got to wear it. It fits great and it’s probably the ultimate NDG chunky knit (brown leather buttons, marled brown knit thread throughout, 80% wool/ 20% nylon fabric, made in Japan), but I can’t make it work with my limited wardrobe.

The condition is what I’d call “9/10” or “gently worn”. I know that “gently worn” gets thrown around a lot, but there’s minimal pilling (and I’m being nitpicky) and no other visible signs of wear. The buttons feel a bit loose, but I have a spare one and threads that came with it in case something happens.

The loose weave is very forgiving, but I think it works best for a 38-40 inch chest who isn’t particularly short. Here are the original seller’s measurements:

Shoulder to shoulder: 18"
    Pit to pit: 19"
    Sleeve length: 26" (from shoulder to cuff)
    Body Length: 26.5" (from bottom of back collar to bottom hem)

I’m selling it for 270 USD, shipped worldwide with tracking. PM me if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

3. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Senior member

this was one of their best knits. paging reedo!

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Get out of my head!

Ha this thing really is beautiful. So it fits a traditional small then?

5. Marlowe

Marlowe Member

I'm a 38 chest/30 waist and it's a great fit. It tapers to a 17.5 inch at the waist. I find the shoulder-to-shoulder to be trickier. The original seller measured 18 inches shoulder-to-shoulder, but I'd say it's closer to 19 inches. Even if we'd call it 18.5, I think that's somewhat wide for a traditional small. If it helps in any way, I have an overarm measurement of 45.5 inches and I make the cut, but people with a significantly smaller overarm measurement would probably find the shoulder width too big.

So, to recap, I think that the chest is forgiving, but the shoulders aren't. I'm 5' 11'' and 150-155 pounds and it fits me. If you're a 38 with broad-ish shoulders (nothing crazy) or a regular 40 and you're average height or taller, it will most likely fit.

I know I'm being pedantic and overtly boring, but I can't bring myself to say "just buy it already, guys, of course it fits".

6. longwalker

longwalker Senior member

this is super nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.