• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NCAA Championship 2011

fir3fox

Reaction score
I don't watch much college basketball but I watched the final.

What an ugly game. It wasn't good defense, just poor shooting.

Is that just a result of the talent drain to the NBA?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
The Final Four finally comes to Houston and we get the weakest Final Four ever along with the worst championship game in recent memory. I feel sorry for all of my friends that actually bought tickets to this garbage.
The final four was great, what are you talking about? Both games last week were fun to watch.
Originally Posted by fir3fox

No, there was plenty of talent on the floor on both sides tonight. Everybody sucked except for Lamb.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kwilkinson;4320525 said:
The final four was great, what are you talking about? Both games last week were fun to watch.
QUOTE]

No, the Final Four teams sucked. The games on Saturday may have been exciting but that doesn't change the fact that this was the weakest Final Four. A lot of my friends were disappointed in the matchups. They didn't spend big bucks on tickets to watch a bunch of Cinderella's play. They'd rather watch three 1 or 2 seeds and one Cinderella over what we got this year.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like seeing the underdogs win. im dissapointed butler couldnt get er done

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow what a terrible final game. butler built a mansion they had so many bricks. played terrible. so did uconn, but butler played so bad it looked like they were trying to miss.

but its ok! those butler boys have no quit in them! they always seem to stay in the game! no matter what happens they always weather the storm! those kids are tough as nails, they always find a way to scratch back! oooooooooookkk!

FENWAY

Reaction score
That game may not have been a thing of beauty, but UCONN had the best run of any team I can remember. Much credit to Calhoun + 'Kemba and the Kids'

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
I don't watch much college basketball but I watched the final.

What an ugly game. It wasn't good defense, just poor shooting.

Someone's forgotten the Rockets v. Knicks.

fir3fox

Reaction score
I remember the Rockets and Knicks, I'm just not sure what they have to do w/ last night's game.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I took care of my two grandsons the last couple of days, and was sort of watching the finals last night with the five-year-old. We were sitting side-by-side on the couch and without taking his eyes off the television, he said, "So who you picking, Grandpa? Huskies or the Bulldogs?".

I have no idea how he knew this. He has just started to read, although I don't recall seeing the nicknames on the screen prior to his question.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
# of minutes of college basketball I watched during the regular season: 0
# of minutes of college basketball I watched during the NCAA tournament before last night: 0
# of minutes I watched of the championship game: About 10

Apparently I made the right decision. What a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE display.

College basketball has become a sad, pathetic joke. I don't mind that intramural-level basketball exists. Hell, I played a bit of D league intramurals myself back in college. Had lots of fun. It wasn't televised though and we didn't raise a big fuss about how it's the greatest event in sports (ha!). Frankly, last night proved that basketball played at that level just isn't that fun to watch.

BTW, I don't actually mind that college basketball is so horrible. I'm not a big fan of the fact that colleges have addicted themselves to the money they make as the minor league franchises for the NFL and (to a much lesser extent now) the NBA.

Hopefully after the last two or three years of really substandard teams winning the NCAA tournament folks will come to understand what a poor level of basketball they put on the floor these days and stop giving it so much importance.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
# of minutes of college basketball I watched during the NCAA tournament before last night: 0

College basketball has become a sad, pathetic joke. I don't mind that intramural-level basketball exists. Hell, I played a bit of D league intramurals myself back in college. Had lots of fun. It wasn't televised though and we didn't raise a big fuss about how it's the greatest event in sports (ha!). Frankly, last night proved that basketball played at that level just isn't that fun to watch.

BTW, I don't actually mind that college basketball is so horrible. I'm not a big fan of the fact that colleges have addicted themselves to the money they make as the minor league franchises for the NFL and (to a much lesser extent now) the NBA.

Hopefully after the last two or three years of really substandard teams winning the NCAA tournament folks will come to understand what a poor level of basketball they put on the floor these days and stop giving it so much importance.

are you joking? this post is so wrong its ridiculous. college basketball is basketball at its purest. the kids are hustling, its a team game, and they want to win more then anything. any true basketball fan would rather watch college ball over nba where its a watered down version to please the masses.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
are you joking? this post is so wrong its ridiculous. college basketball is basketball at its purest. the kids are hustling, its a team game, and they want to win more then anything. any true basketball fan would rather watch college ball over nba where its a watered down version to please the masses.

LOL. Based on this reasoning my son's 12 year old basketball team was basketball at its purest. After all, they hustled, played as a team and wanted to win (sometimes they even cried when they lost). Maybe, but it wasn't very entertaining to watch unless you had a kid on the team because the players just weren't very good.

The bolded section is laughable and if it was ever true, hasn't been for 10 years or more.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
I just put in a "large bet" for Butler on the over.

musicboohoo[1].gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano

# of minutes I have spent in Plano during my lifetime: 0
# of minutes I have thought about Plano during my lifetime before today: 0
# of minutes I have thought about Plano during my lifetime after reading the quoted post: About 1

Apparently I made the right decision. What a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE town.

Plano has become a sad, pathetic joke. I don't mind that Plano exists. Hell, I passed through Texas once, back in college. Didn't notice much. Plano wasn't famous though and we didn't raise a big fuss about how it's the crappiest place on earth (ha!). Frankly, the post above proved that Plano just isn't that interesting a place.

BTW, I don't actually mind that Plano is so horrible. I'm not a big fan of the fact that Planoians have addicted themselves to the money they make as a minor suburb of Dallas and (to a much lesser extent now) Fort Worth and Mesquite.

Hopefully after the last two or three years of really substandard reviews folks will come to understand what a poor level of life Plano puts on the map these days and stop giving it so much importance.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I would hate to be Plano right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads