• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2018-2019 THREAD

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be, I admit that KD seems to break the mold in a lot of facets of the game. It'd be interesting to see historical precedents for coming back after an Achilles injury when controlling for age and usage rate, but you can't control for specific genes or being a freak of nature, which KD seems to fit in the best possible way.

Also, it seems that Irving was set on Brooklyn, so I suppose the NYC KD question was somewhat moot; they want to play together. I'm still surprised stars such as Irving decline that extra year of max money (e.g., Butler, too) for a specific location and/or pairing.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Closest there is imo Dominique Wilkins who was 32 when he tore his achilles (but played less seasons at that point because he was 23 not 19 when he came into league). On the other hand you took more punishment back then.

KD is different because he is almost 7 feet with 7'6 wingspan and one of the best shooters in the history of the game. These things are not going away ever. He is also 2 yrs younger and less dependent on his athleticism than Nique was.

Also this is Knicks. They should gamble at this point imo, they have been terrible for so long. Maybe if it was some successful team I would agree that he might not be worth the gamble, but Knicks? When was last time they had a player of that caliber?

Last edited:

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but Knicks? When was last time they had a player of that caliber?
Not quite the caliber, but huge potential in Porzingis before they offloaded him for basically nothing. Seems like Knicks are more scared of injuries than their perception 🤣

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thunder trade Russell Westbrook to Rockets for Chris Paul

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This almost reminds me of the Sixers during the tanking years, where Hinkie would take on these expensive contracts for picks in order to meet the league minimum team salary! Russ + Harden + Capela should be fun to watch.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.