• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, he definitely wasn't going to win in Cleveland. Without LeBron, that team doesn't make the playoffs, let alone win the East, even with the East having lesser competition. Plus Boston is going to be better without two of their stars out injured, Philly is up-and-coming (though people have admittedly been saying that for awhile). Cleveland might have been the third best team in the East with LeBron. I'm not saying he's going to win in LA without them adding some more pieces, having to go through GS and Houston among others, but I'm not sure he's going to end up in a worse situation.

Sure, he could probably be on a title contender if he was willing to take a big pay cut, but he already has 3 rings and brought the city he grew up in its first title in any sport in 50+ years. LA pays him and has a better chance of being a destination for future talent. Whether he wins another title comes down to what the Lakers do and how long the current iterations of Golden State and Houston stay together. Durant could bolt GS next year and shake up the West.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, my friend who is a Lakers fan doesn't like this move. He fears it could become a terrible contract after the next 2 seasons if LeBron starts to slow down, which he will at some point (who knows when, but it will happen).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait for poppa Ball to **** talk Lebron when Lonzo Ball doesn’t get the same stats as Lebron.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Also, my friend who is a Lakers fan doesn't like this move. He fears it could become a terrible contract after the next 2 seasons if LeBron starts to slow down, which he will at some point (who knows when, but it will happen).
I think it’s unlikely to happen that soon. But as a mostly lapsed Laker fan who would be glad to have a reason to root for them again, this ain’t it. Didn’t like LeBron before and am not feeling a sudden reversal just because he’s now a local. I’ve come to hate the Clippers again as well (slightly
less so now that Rivers Jr. is gone) so it looks like another year of mostly ignoring the NBA unless they start kneeling during the national anthem or some ****.

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boston, Philadelphia, and Donovan Mitchell might be interesting to watch. Maybe the Spurs too if Kawhi somehow stays put.

But I'm with you I'm not terribly excited about this upcoming season.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
And now the Lakers are apparently adding Lance Stephenson as well. Awesome. :bored:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is C paul worth 40mil/per to play 60 games a season?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No one started a 2017-2018 thread?? :lol:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised some of Laker nation here is down on the LBJ-to-LA thing. I suppose being a Sixers fan I might be coming from a somewhat slanted perspective, but I imagine this move immediately propels the Lakers into contention.

I realize the West is a completely different beast than the East, however, the West is aging. LBJ will probably be another impetus to snare Leonard, at least next year when Magic does not have to give up young assets, of which 3-4 are standout, especially when working with LeBron.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics