1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Manny: We fighting or nah?

Floyd: Still on the first sentence of the contract give me time.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Dubs died by the 3. Haven't made a shot behind the arc the whole second half and they still can't stop shooting it.

Very good game though. Everyone was gassed and Rose looked terrible but they pulled the win.

4. Neo_Version 7

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Amazed that Mannycan be civil to that dude after the racist shit he spewed against him everywhere

6. Neo_Version 7

Our future GM's recap on the Chicago Bulls

7. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

Yep Steph was off. I guess he has the same cold everyone else in the Bay Area seems to have right now. Amazingly close game considering how poorly the Warriors shot. D Lee was the exception, he kept them in the game the second half. This should be a good character building game and yet another instance of how much the Warriors need Bogut to excel.

Not trying to take anything away from the Bulls. I don't think the Bulls played their best ball either - Rosè turned it over a dozen times and they looked disjointed at times. Hinrich's go ahead three was clutch. Very evenly matched teams tonight.

8. Neo_Version 7

Bulls were without arguably their second best player in Butler. Dunleavy wasn't in either.

Rose just went full on Russy on these Warriors in OT

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Those Rose 3s just looked so bad and it's like watching groundhog day where he just shot and missed, shot and missed, shot and missed. At least he was clutch there, he just needed to take one step closer to make those ranged shots.

10. Neo_Version 7

Yeah, the 3 point line is too behind for him I think :lol:

In all seriousness, he leans forward pretty aggressively when jacking up those 3s. Weird shooting form, for sure (uh oh!)

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

:lol:

I think that "new form" is due to his shooting coach, supposedly for "accuracy", well at least that's what my friend told me. I never really bothered looking it up if it's BS.

12. Neo_Version 7

It's amazing to me how he still warrants a double team 90% of the time though. Just shows how much teams fear him getting in the paint. Unless du wins a 3 point contest though, players are gonna continue to back off him and let him shoot 3s..

13. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

That Steph turnover.......:crazy:

Gotta give the Bulls tons of credit, they fought and fought and fought and were in position to take advantage of crucial mistakes. On a normal night at home the Warriors hit a lot of those wide-open 3s tho. That Iggy non-shooting foul at the end was hilarious. I thought it was an injustice but then I realized iggy wasn't gonna hit both of them anyway.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

boom!

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

was surprised to see nikola out there down the stretch and played 31 min. previous 5 games played less than 15 min/game:
    [​IMG]

unleash nikola! and play your starters a little less

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

whoever his new coach is, is trying to get him to jump straight up and elevate higher and release higher. he used to have a nice sweep but not anymore. he shoots like michael kidd gilchrist and kawhi leonard now. not a fan. it makes him look like he's leaning forward on his release, when his shoulders should sweep back and feet forward like he used to

17. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Deandre will probably get overpaid, and the 'replace him', just look at the emergence of Whiteside. This type of thinking creates so many bad contracts. And I never said that their drop in def ranking was solely on DJ.

Neither.

Brooke Lopez, J Johnson and Deron Williams weren't max guys per se either (I think they're max). DJ is an injury away from being a massive albatross, or another Larry Sanders. Look at that garbage BKN team if you want evidence of what overpaying does.

I'd run a tight ship. This is life changing money, I want a life changing work ethic. I'm not part of the whiney rest day back spasm it's too hard crowd. Millionaire? Move your fucking ass.

One thing is for sure, I'd never get fired for overspending. The other thing I'd never do is trade away my draft picks.

Or one of the 3 suffers an injury and your dynasty is dead as well as 4 more years of dead money you can't build with. It's easy to believe they would have won a chip with Harden, but more often than not, teams fail. Miami, with it's illustrious stars lost last season and should have the year before.

I laugh at the mentality that you need to reward guys with money they don't deserve to keep/attract them. How has that really worked out save for a few true superstars? When you give a guy money they don't deserve, they often don't perform and we have seen it over and over again, Josh Smith, Gilbert Arenas, etc. Look at Steve Nash, as much as I liked him as a player, he basically pretended to try this season to collect his money. If I was an owner I'd be pushing hard for CBA clauses to cast off Nash and the Larry Sanders types who don't deserve the check.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  18. diadem

diadem Senior member

No, you'd get fired because your starting 5 would look something like this:

1. Sebastian Telfair
    2. Sasha Vujacic (he has star appeal because he's married to Maria Sharapova!)
    3. Adam Morrison
    4. Darko Milicic
    5. Kwame Brown

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Neo_Version 7

Idnfl is the textbook example of a fantasy geek who has delusions of ruling the NBA if he was ever given the reins

Then again, this is the guy who believes in Bigfoot so.....