NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
  2. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I suspect you won't read this, but it is interesting... http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...unds?ref=yahoo
    What a stupid article. And I'm not saying that because I'm a Lakers fan...I'm starting to get very worried about them. But when the author says "My desire is for them to win every game" My first thought is, was this written by an 8 year old? So, because your team doesn't win every game you're gonna throw a tantrum? Where was the same outcry of "perversion" last year when the Celtics were coasting through the regular season, or when the Lakers did the same in 00 and 01. The Lakers beat the Cavs by 55 5 weeks ago and lost to them yesterday...the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The truth is the Lakers are legit contenders looking to go to their FOURTH straight finals...no other team in the league can say they have that kind of mileage on them going into the '11 playoffs. Yes, I'm worried now, but I have full confidence that the Lakers will make all doubters look like fools come May/June.

3. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    What a stupid article.
    Yes, I'm worried now, but I have full confidence that the Lakers will make all doubters look like fools come May/June.

hmmm, from my reading of the article, you two (and me as well) are on exactly the same page.

4. venessian

venessian Senior member

Anybody liking the rumored Artest + X for Gerald Wallace trade?

Depending on the + X, I'd take it.

5. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Fucking Denvers greedy. [​IMG] http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/sp...r=3&ref=sports
    Lollllllll i saw that, wtf. Also read this: "knicks also should throw in goldman sachs, empire state bldg, and the subway system if they want to be fair about it" [​IMG]
    Anybody liking the rumored Artest + X for Gerald Wallace trade? Depending on the + X, I'd take it.
    is this for real? it makes 0 sense. Artest is one of the worst contracts in the league; Wallace is a really decent one and he's a pretty good player to boot.

6. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Pretty good read about the whole Donaghy thing. Apparently one of his co-conspirators got out of jail and he's helping write a tell-all book. Def seems like he has loads more credibility than Donaghy (0). http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...gleader-speaks Main gist of it is that Donaghy was totally bullshitting everything and definitely influenced games he bet on. That much I basically expected, but when you think about it, it's really pretty terrifying. How many important games did he out and out decide? I understand why the NBA has swept the scandal under the rug so fast, but is that really for the best?

7. venessian

venessian Senior member

is this for real? it makes 0 sense. Artest is one of the worst contracts in the league; Wallace is a really decent one and he's a pretty good player to boot.

Well, it's a real rumor on Bleacher Report, for whatever that's worth. I doubt it will happen, but I'd take it.

8. venessian

venessian Senior member

Pretty good read about the whole Donaghy thing.
    Very interesting. Thanks.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Fuck that, make the "+" Walton and I'm all for it. Bobcats/Jordan wants Waltons playmaking skills!

Also, that official refereed one of those Spurs championship so another asterisk on the Spurs championship? Haha! Just trying to piss Steve off!

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Here are my random thoughts in this so called "Melo drama" The Knicks could trade their four starters sans Amare for Melo and still get s steal. Walsh should stop fucking around trying to be cute and just get it done If I were the Lakers I would try to steal him like you wouldn't believe. Does Bynum plus Artest get it done? Shit, you could have anyone not named Pau or Kobe. Remember when you were 18-21? Our bodies were fucking indestructible at that age. I once sprained my ankle so bad I had to be carried off the floor, but walked to school the next day. If Bynum can't play 82 at that age, it's only getting worse. Trade him now while everyones still enamored by his upside You guys all crucified Lebron for this "decision" garbage, and rightfully so. But isn't this fucking Melo watch even more irritating, and for longer? [​IMG]

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Pretty good read about the whole Donaghy thing. Apparently one of his co-conspirators got out of jail and he's helping write a tell-all book. Def seems like he has loads more credibility than Donaghy (0).

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...gleader-speaks

Main gist of it is that Donaghy was totally bullshitting everything and definitely influenced games he bet on. That much I basically expected, but when you think about it, it's really pretty terrifying. How many important games did he out and out decide?

I understand why the NBA has swept the scandal under the rug so fast, but is that really for the best?

Definitely adding this to my SF 50 challenge for '11.

Fuck that, make the "+" Walton and I'm all for it. Bobcats/Jordan wants Waltons playmaking skills!

Also, that official refereed one of those Spurs championship so another asterisk on the Spurs championship? Haha! Just trying to piss Steve off!

Right next to all the Lakes titles won while Kobe should have been in jail?

Here are my random thoughts in this so called "Melo drama"

The Knicks could trade their four starters sans Amare for Melo and still get s steal. Walsh should stop fucking around trying to be cute and just get it done

If I were the Lakers I would try to steal him like you wouldn't believe. Does Bynum plus Artest get it done? Shit, you could have anyone not named Pau or Kobe. Remember when you were 18-21? Our bodies were fucking indestructible at that age. I once sprained my ankle so bad I had to be carried off the floor, but walked to school the next day. If Bynum can't play 82 at that age, it's only getting worse. Trade him now while everyones still enamored by his upside

You guys all crucified Lebron for this "decision" garbage, and rightfully so. But isn't this fucking Melo watch even more irritating, and for longer? [​IMG]

+1

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Here are my random thoughts in this so called "Melo drama"

The Knicks could trade their four starters sans Amare for Melo and still get s steal. Walsh should stop fucking around trying to be cute and just get it done

If I were the Lakers I would try to steal him like you wouldn't believe. Does Bynum plus Artest get it done? Shit, you could have anyone not named Pau or Kobe. Remember when you were 18-21? Our bodies were fucking indestructible at that age. I once sprained my ankle so bad I had to be carried off the floor, but walked to school the next day. If Bynum can't play 82 at that age, it's only getting worse. Trade him now while everyones still enamored by his upside

You guys all crucified Lebron for this "decision" garbage, and rightfully so. But isn't this fucking Melo watch even more irritating, and for longer? [​IMG]

Pretty much agree. Melo aint a number one guy but he is a great number two. Bynum will only keep getting hurt, sell that shit short while you can and sign Howard in a year.

13. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

it amazes me that people are still talking about melo for bynum as if it was a real possibility

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Right next to all the Lakes titles won while Kobe should have been in jail?

That's the most retarded respond yet. Wow. Thanks for keeping why I tend to ignore your posts.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Also, that official refereed one of those Spurs championship so another asterisk on the Spurs championship?

Hmm ya, asterisk next to their championships would be appropriate.

it amazes me that people are still talking about melo for bynum as if it was a real possibility

seriously

That's the most retarded respond yet. Wow. Thanks for keeping why I tend to ignore your posts.

How many times I gotta tell you that barney doesn't watch basketball nor is he even a spurs fan just look at last year's thread [​IMG]