• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

i'd be surprised if there wasn't a moral turpitude clause, but considering the moral standards of many pro sports team owners, i'm not sure being a racist would qualify. operating standard might be the old "caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl"

Fair point. I mean, the California Bar has a moral turpitude standard and I've been practicing for over 20 years . . .

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

An important question remains unanswered,

Who is the girl pictured above between the Hoe and the racist?

And can't somebody buy her a sandwich?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fair point. I mean, the California Bar has a moral turpitude standard and I've been practicing for over 20 years . . .

thankfully, journalism has not gone in for any such shenanigans.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HRoi, where does the "no" answer come from? Not doubting you, but I would be very surprised to learn the league doesn't retain some fairly broad authority along the lines of "conduct detrimental to the NBA".

No knowledge, just a belief that the commish would not be granted powers to strip an owner of his team. These powers and by laws, after all, are created and approved by the owners themselves, who each have a powerful disincentive to facilitate their own demise.

With that said, I'm sure Stern during his reign had a fairly influential voice in getting franchises to change hands. I just don't think he ever would have been able to 'fire' an owner who'd dug in his heels

More realistically, Silver has powers to fine (definitely this, as Mark Cuban has shown us), suspend or remove draft picks. He'll probably also be forced to go through some bullshit sensitivity training

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well sterns have a big hand in stepiens deciding to sell the cavaliers to the gund brothers but that team was terrible. so... who knows

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't this the Marge Schott situation all over again? It would surprise me if the NBA did not have similar tools to deal with an owner who is a public embarrassment. The funny thing is, the Clippers would still be terrible if the Commissioner didn't block the Hornets' trade of Chris Paul to the Lakers. The Commissioner giveth, and he taketh away.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did Sterling say this time?

Bargnani has the stamina to do it. He's just ******* terrible at it. It goes beyond not caring. Lapses in judgment and even after all this time in the league still doesn't understand what to do on defense

I sort of agree, he is decent man to man but boy he gets lost of defense it's hilarious sometimes his defense lapses are pure gold :rotflmao:

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Isn't this the Marge Schott situation all over again? It would surprise me if the NBA did not have similar tools to deal with an owner who is a public embarrassment. The funny thing is, the Clippers would still be terrible if the Commissioner didn't block the Hornets' trade of Chris Paul to the Lakers. The Commissioner giveth, and he taketh away.

IIRC Schott was overthrown by her minority partners. That's different - an internal power struggle among company owners - albeit something that was precipitated by similar ****** behavior

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Classic pic, RFX. If that happened today, you can bet he'd become a meme :laugh:

Last edited:

johanm

Reaction score
99% sure that Adam Silver and Donald Sterling are currently hammering out the details of a deal whereby the NBA will announce tomorrow that the Clippers ownership is being transferred to Eric Miller, Sterling's son-in-law. Silver will announce this as some type of extraordinary punitive measure, even though this has been Sterling's transition plan all along.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads