1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It was obvious Amare was going to break down, there were signals of it in Phx. It was a 5 year deal and he was like 28 at the time. Not a lot of 33 year olds in the league worth that kind of money. I mean, if you want unrealistic expectations, there you go.

I'm not hating on anyone or anything, just wondering why there are constantly so many bad contracts. And it's not because guys play thru injuries, etc. I would put it on bad decision making in the front office. Just because a guy goes thru wear and tear doesn't mean he should get a max deal in return.

Edit, ha ha that Simmons article... point proven. Look at all those monstrosities.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Love a good, old fashioned idnfl bashing.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

He's a psychic bro, he knows not to sign players to big contracts beforehand but after the fact so he must have seen this coming?

Then again what is a trolls job but to troll.

[​IMG]

4. Neo_Version 7

To me, it's not even about that. If he's not bitching about Kobe/LA or his fantasy team, it's how these "guys get paid so much money to play a kid's game and they get to fuck tons of women". Under his breath, you can imagine him muttering, "not fair...not fair...." :lol:

2 people like this.
  5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It's more low level. I just wish I was cool like you guys.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Poor thing, looks like he needs a rest day.

8. Neo_Version 7

It wasn't cute when Marshawn did it. But at least he and Pop have rings which is more than I can say for Russ.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  9. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Spurs put the beat-down on Portland. Kawhi is back and they are at full strength- predicting a 3 seed.

10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Does he think he's smart or something? What a fucking idiot. "I like Nick, I just don't like you." So that's his excuse for being an asshole?

1 person likes this.
  11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I remember last time some dumbass reporter asked did the Jazz win tonight or did you guys lose? And then westbrook left. Tbh a lot of these questions are asinine but it is also kind of rude

12. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The dynamics here are more subtle than being a dumbass reporter.

I'm sure if they had every freedom in the world, they'd as guys if they had too much pussy last night and needed a rest day, or how much he lost at cards, but they need to ask boring generic questions or the player will act like an imbecile like Westbrook did, or the league will shut them down, or countless other dynamics that keep the show clean and tidy for public consumption and league image. Do you actually believe these interviews are news? It's not. It's just a wheel in the publicity machine. The newspaper wants a juicy tidbit, but it's unlikely to happen, and the league can cut them off at the drop of a hat, so it's a fine line.

Being a reporter in these situations is a no win. You're a total weenie in the face of a superstar over-ego'd athlete and can get treated like you're a nothing at the player's whim. So yeah, reporters ask inane stupid questions, but you seem to think asking real questions is allowed. To suggest the player doesn't know this reporter's question is just a cog in the publicity wheel suggests the person listening for a different result is actually the stupid one.

Westbrook acted like a total asshole, nothing will happen. If the reporter did that, you'd have a different outcome.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

greg anthony busted for soliciting a prostitute at 5:46pm

man has no ethics, no values, what ever happened to the 10-10 rule?

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

UNLV, baby.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Early bird special?

16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

im going to go back on what i said and say that warriors keeping thompson was better than getting love

17. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

shit man, wiggins trade might have been a bad idea too.

it's too reactionary but wiggins' #s are phenomenal recently, and love's fit on cleveland has been much worse than anticipated.

18. Neo_Version 7

Glorified Mike Miller is what he is

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

kevin love is david lee with a 3 pt shot?