• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike Miller OKC Killer

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that score right now GS vs LAC

I just took a look at NBA.com and yelled out 'DANNNNNNNGG!!!'

bananas

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I won't say Spurs, because it jinxes them every time.

OKC has become a real rivalry and I'm hoping someone knocks them off before (unless) SA has to play them.

If SA doesn't take it I'd like to see LAC.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Clippers vs Heat in the finals

No joke, I could see that. Paul needs to step up to borderline super-star level, but with Blake smashing and bashing and another big in Jordan I think they can do well. Nice bench, too.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Clippers, but Donald Sterling is a douche and I'd like to see him fail.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the Clippers, but Donald Sterling is a douche and I'd like to see him fail.

During this same period, players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette complained to me that DONALD STERLING would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, 'Look at those beautiful black bodies.'

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/23649/legal-filings-show-frustration-of-clipper-gms

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060810

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah, he's a well-documented racist and a penny-pincher. I was genuinely surprised when the Clippers breached the luxury tax threshold.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Yeah, he's a well-documented racist and a penny-pincher. I was genuinely surprised when the Clippers breached the luxury tax threshold.
^he was the contrast to Jerry Buss. self made southern california mogul NBA franchise owners who live a hedonistic lifestyle but run their businesses in almost opposite ways.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No joke, I could see that. Paul needs to step up to borderline super-star level, but with Blake smashing and bashing and another big in Jordan I think they can do well. Nice bench, too.

After last night, its true. The Clippers may succeed this year. They pose a formidable opponent to Miami. They have lots of pieces and can create matchup problems, can tire Miami out because they have a much better bench. They'd also dominate the boards, Deandre Jordan could really destroy them. Lastly, they have a much better 6th man in Jamal Crawford. The only problem is they don't have a sure fire stopper for Lebron like a Leonard or Butler.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Danny Granger did a pretty good job in that Pacers-Heat series a few seasons back.

tumblr_m47gqtd9BB1rsntjto1_500.jpg

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They can throw Barnes/Dudley on Lebron and at times Blake when Spoelstra makes him play a stretch 4. CLips doesn't really need a Lebron stopper though, they have a pretty good suffocating defense and the biggest improvement they've made this year are the switches. Yeah they still get caught slacking at times but if you watch their defense, they will double or confine a player and the guy that rolls to the basket gets picked up by the other and another one switches to that dudes assignment and the guy who doubled before can quickly move to whoevers open at the time, really impressive how they managed to get to work Docs system and to work it that well.

I'm more curious how Knicks fans feel about Jackson clean-up and Kerr possibly being the next coach? I think the coach firing was a longtime coming but to actually clean out the whole staff, it seems like that isn't always the case with coach firings. I know new coaches tends to bring in their own staff like Doc did with the Clips but this one is just starting on a completely clean slate.

If Kerr does get the job I wish him all the best, I always liked the guy and hope he can do what Hornaceck did this year but with Melo still on the team, I am not sure how much he can accomplish.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody would do a better job than Woodson

Melo was a top 7 player this year even on a ****** team where offense broke down after one pick and roll. Imagine what he could do in a setup that gives him easier looks

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On the Heat, don't discount the Nets being the Eastern Conference champs. While the Heat are the favorites, this is probably the weakest Heat team of the last three and I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte gives them a hard series.

On the Knicks, there was no one on the coaching staff worth keeping. Herb Williams will be given a job somewhere in the organization as he's been there almost as long as Dolan and everyone loves him. On Steve Kerr, obviously have no idea how he is going to do as a coach but I think its the ideal situation for him. There will be zero expectations for next year, he is implementing a system and will have its most successful proponent guiding him and he has a team that has some good pieces for that system. If Melo re-signs and he buys into the triangle, he would become more efficient and probably score a bit more too. Bargnani would also be a good triangle player, he would be like the poor man's Gasol. Everyone says he was a bust this year but he was so misused by Woodson that it was criminal. I'm actually excited about next year, whether or not Melo comes back. Jackson/Kerr will know how to use Stats, Bargnani/Hardaway/Shump. I think they are going to try and move Chandler and shore up the PG position. The great thing about the triangle is that you don't need to have a huge scorer or two on your team, you just need 2 guys or so that can score facing and with their back to the baskets. Bargnani/Melo could fill that role, and Stat to an extent. Maybe that is also part of the reason why they also signed Lamar, another guy with that skill set.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads