1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I feel like the Spurs past few years is somewhat of a counterpoint. I mean clearly 6 rookies aren't going to win a championship but I also feel like you need a team more than you need talent. Heat didn't start winning until their team played as a team either.

2. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Simple solution. Introduce relegation, tanking will stop and every game of the season now has meaning.

3. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

haha kobe
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...be-bryant-critical-teammates-heated-scrimmage

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  4. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

If that's true, Kobe is right, but it explains why nobody wants to play with him. These modern players are too coddled to be challenged.

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

+ a billion. The league now is sheer/brute athleticism and a lack of skill. I'm not saying they aren't good, just they lack the discipline to become students of the game.

6. Brothersport

7. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

They are not. That was team loaded v.good players. Not in the terms of star power but but they had decent player at each position, especially offensively- with a top5 passer in the NBA at 3 or 4 postions. Sacramento Kings also had a team like that 2000-2005 and were very successful, talent in such team build is just more diluted. 2004 Pistons they did not have a player close to Shaq and Kobe, yet they totally owned the Lakers at every other match up than starting SG and C.

imo talent is more needed.. teamplay,chemistry etc comes to the equation if the talent is on somewhat comparable level, like if you are 76ers even if you had the best teamplay, work ethic and morale ever you are not going past 1st round.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  9. Kid Nickels

Then Mitch went back to his office and was like :fu:

[​IMG]

just point of interest, this is my photo but Mitch refused to look at the camera… he's like your grumpy uncle sometimes.

2 people like this.
  10. Kid Nickels

So Bron Bron had a boo boo on his knee knee?

11. Brothersport

james harden ouchea destroying things. rox down 3 w/ 20 secs left and he hit the loooongest 3 to tie it up. scored the rockets' next 10 points in OT while the kings scored 1, then assisted beverley for a 3. then the kings hit 3 3s in a row down 9, the rockets missed a bunch of free throws, and harden had to come back in and close. 44 points, 8 assists, playing with dudes like joey dorsey and tarik black and zombie jason terry.

lots of ppl think he's the mvp so far.

1 person likes this.
  12. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Y'all motherfuckers ain't doin' shit for me?

1 person likes this.
  14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I love how people are surprised that athletes talk trash :lol:

15. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Can't say the same for your lame ass.

16. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Harden is a legit MVP candidate so far, but God dam I cannot stand watching the way he plays.

Who's the MVP that had the worst looking game? I guess some people would say Duncan because they find his style "boring".

17. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

I would not. He is Mr Fundamental and has the MVP and rings to back it up.

18. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Kobe is such a dick of a human being. You could make the argument that the trash talk during practice is to prepare his teammates for similar game situations, except if that were the case, why the comments to Kupchak afterward? And he's complaining that the team doesn't practice hard enough after he....hasn't attended a practice for multiple weeks? I get that maybe he can't go hard for every practice, but if you give a shit about the team, isn't there some value you might be able to provide to your teammates by actually attending practice?

No wonder no one wants to play there. What a cunt.

1 person likes this.
  19. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Maybe Moses Malone or Bill Walton?

20. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member