NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. guster

guster Senior member

ok, so who do you hate worse? kevin garnett or paul pierce? i'm gonna have to get back to you on that one. it's a really sad team when rondo is only third-most detestable player.

Rondo??? Have you ever seen him scream/ hollar or fist pump - He is unlike 95% of the other NBA players. I get the Garnnett thing and even Pierce but Rondo? I think he plays the game the right way - like a D. Fisher, although DF will get more carried away than even Rondo.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I get annoyed at how people view kobe going through a ton of adversity or even a tragic figure.

It seems like it was all self inflicted adversity like the rape case, public infidelity, feuds with shaq and phil jackson and management obviously losing games on purpose to prove a point. Plus the guy was born rich, got to live an awesome sheltered life abroad, was a golden boy HS recruit and is the progeny of an NBA player so he had the superior genes.

If anything kobe was born to be an nba star and had all the advantages possible to become one.

I don't want to see kobe injuried. I'd like to see him play at a high level and lose so there's no excuses (like 2004/2006/2008), and if he still wins then kudos to him.

That was the one thing that we never got to see: Jordan losing in the finals... it would have been interesting to see because I bet he would of freaked out and get derailed. It would have been entertaining to get a Jordan freakout and gambling whoring binge fueled by a finals series loss.

That said I too don't want kobe to get injured because it would be sad and an excuse

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Well you've already seen him play at a high level and beat your pre-assembled celtic squad son so I guess that's fair.

I get annoyed how everyone thinks jordan is a demigod acting as if he won the championships all by himself.

5. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Highly doubtful any team would of beaten those Rodmonian Bulls teams. Would of been nice to seen Houston get a shot. Besides Utah and Houston... the West was really up for grabs during those Jordan years. No dominant West teams until the Spurs and Lakers.

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Apparently Jerry Sloan is going to resign due to the fact that he and Derron don't see eye to eye.

Wow!

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

sad. jerry sloan is one of my favorite coaches out there. hopefully if he doesnt plan on retiring soon (he's over 65) i would love to have him be the next lakers coach starting next year.

thatll be rad. let's bring one championship to jerry sloan finally.

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

sad. jerry sloan is one of my favorite coaches out there. hopefully if he doesnt plan on retiring soon (he's over 65) i would love to have him be the next lakers coach starting next year.

ron artest would give sloan a aneurism on court.

9. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Big Baby's fat, drooly self and KG are #1/2 in some order. [​IMG] Pierce head flops his way to #3, Rondo can be #4.

Jerry Sloan's resigning is a sad story. Apparently he came ou of a meeting w/ Kevin O'Connor (the longest-tenured GM in the league, who knew that??) all distracted and discombobulated and muttering to the press. Not a good omen, I guess.

Almost any deal bringing 'Melo to the Lakers is a disaster. Not even considering what they give up, he'll...
    1) take half the court away from Kobe on o;
    2) not learn the triangle;
    3) not pass much;
    4) not play defense;
    5) not rebound;

6) not be a leader (he's not Billups);

You can argue the others as much as you'd like, but Carmelo is one of the best rebounders for his position in the league.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Do it Mitch!

But I still do not believe Phil until he actually announces it in the off-season. He's been saying it's his last year for the past 3 years. [​IMG]

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

WOW. wtf Jazz.

Jerry Sloan IS the Jazz. i've always liked Deron Williams, but if he was the reason for this, he can go suck a fat dick. but even then i cant believe ownership would pick anyone else on the team over Jerry. best player or no

12. phreak

phreak Senior member

Nice to see Wafer doing well with his opportunity tonight for the Celtics. He put in a lot of good minutes for the Rockets over the past couple of years

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Jerry Sloan's resigning is a sad story. Apparently he came ou of a meeting w/ Kevin O'Connor (the longest-tenured GM in the league, who knew that??) all distracted and discombobulated and muttering to the press. Not a good omen, I guess.

WOW. wtf Jazz.

Jerry Sloan IS the Jazz. i've always liked Deron Williams, but if he was the reason for this, he can go suck a fat dick. but even then i cant believe ownership would pick anyone else on the team over Jerry. best player or no

Yeah, you know what they say about the NBA, you fire the coach, only because you cannot fire the players.

I guess former NBA player Tyrone Corbin will be taking over for Sloan. When I heard that I confused him for Tyrone Hill. Both are guys who played for about half the teams in the league.

BTW, here's a fun game, name the player you think has played for more NBA teams than anyone else. Just off the top of my head I think there's a clear cut winner, but we'll see what everybody had to say.

14. venessian

venessian Senior member

Yeah, you know what they say about the NBA, you fire the coach, only because you cannot fire the players.

I guess former NBA player Tyrone Corbin will be taking over for Sloan. When I heard that I confused him for Tyrone Hill. Both are guys who played for about half the teams in the league.

I feel bad that the situation got so bad that Sloan had tep down mid-season. It seems he should have been treated better. Phil jackson had some very respectful words re: Sloan before tonight's game.

Apparently Corbin is a very respected assistant around the league.

BTW, here's a fun game, name the player you think has played for more NBA teams than anyone else. Just off the top of my head I think there's a clear cut winner, but we'll see what everybody had to say.

Has to Joe Smith, right? I only know that because when he came to LA the paper mentioned it.

Congrats to Ray Allen. The only Celtic I like. Nice that Reggie was there to congratulate him in person.

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6110077

this press conference is more cinematic-like than real. i dont know what that means but dam..hate to see him go. sloan is so old school. the footage is like someone great actor playing the part of Jerry sloan re-enacting his resignation press conf. if you know what i mean.