NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    we'll have to agree to disagree. to me, by definition there can be no more than a half-dozen or so "superstars" in a league. otherwise the word means nothing. although, i suppose of you consider glen robinson, harold minor and stackhouse superstars ... anything's possible.
    as for rondo ... as i said, he's a good point guard. but 11 ppg and 12 apg? if that's a superstar, what are magic johnson (20 ppg and 11 apg), and oscar robertson (30 ppg, 11 apg)? do we have to invent a new word?

2. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

um, that melo to lakers thing is all just to get NY to up their offer. Denver and melo have no leverage anymore, so they want the knicks to think LA is a possibility, when it's not.

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

um, that melo to lakers thing is all just to get NY to up their offer. Denver and melo have no leverage anymore, so they want the knicks to think LA is a possibility, when it's not.

This makes the most sense to me.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Probably true but I've been hearing that Walton will be packaged in the deal and any deal to get that fool out of LA is something I will always root for.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

and a whole new slew of fools we have to deal with... theo, joe smith, etc

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

this will be interesting to follow. call me a cynical old reporter, but my guess is that the "sources close to the deal" are probably melo's agents, who are trying to negotiate a deal with the knicks despite not having a second buyer to play against them.

This makes the most sense to me.

Probably true but I've been hearing that Walton will be packaged in the deal and any deal to get that fool out of LA is something I will always root for.

and a whole new slew of fools we have to deal with... theo, joe smith, etc

remember where you read it first.

7. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Luke out of LA? I'm in.

If I had a nickel every time Luke gets a wide open look, hesitates, the crowd starts gearing up their "Luuuuke" chant before he ultimately bricks it rendering the chant sounding more like "LUuu...awwww", I'd be a rich....rich man.

8. guster

guster Senior member

we'll have to agree to disagree. to me, by definition there can be no more than a half-dozen or so "superstars" in a league. otherwise the word means nothing. although, i suppose of you consider glen robinson, harold minor and stackhouse superstars ... anything's possible.
    as for rondo ... as i said, he's a good point guard. but 11 ppg and 12 apg? if that's a superstar, what are magic johnson (20 ppg and 11 apg), and oscar robertson (30 ppg, 11 apg)? do we have to invent a new word?

The word superstar in NBA land is like the word "epic" on SF....both used a lot as descriptors.

Rondo is one of the best pt guards in the game but his shooting will hold him back in the eys of many from being on the same level as Paul, Williams and Rose.

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

im beginning to think the chant "Luuuke" actually is "Boooo" now

10. sexandcandy

remember where you read it first.
    i honestly didn't read anyone's response, but i agree with what you said earlier. lakers don't need another wing player, especailly one that doesn't defend well and will demand lots of touches. bynum, gasol and odom is the best front line in the nba, i wouldn't touch that unless melo somehow morphs into dwight howard.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Luke out of LA? I'm in.

If I had a nickel every time Luke gets a wide open look, hesitates, the crowd starts gearing up their "Luuuuke" chant before he ultimately bricks it rendering the chant sounding more like "LUuu...awwww", I'd be a rich....rich man.

what i find creepy about luke is his father. i remember back in 2008 they had a son and father halftime interview and his father seemed like he was openly saying that the celtics were a better team and going to win. WTF? way to stick up for your kid!

bill was a guest announcer for the sacremento local color guys during the bos sac game and bill was a bigger boston homer than tommy heinsohn. it was annoying to listen to (and i'm a boston fan).

i remember when luke was in his 2nd year he showed a ton of promise and actually knocked down a bunch of those jumpers.

12. sexandcandy

Waddaya know

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

bill walton has always been creepy. that's his schtick. as far as luke ... he's got a reputation as a "glue" guy ... when the offense gets off track, jackson can put him in and he'll run the triangle. it has been sad ... his back problems have really destroyed his shot and his shot has really destroyed his confidence. it's almost like if he had an uncontested layup he'd stop and look around for someone to pass it to. unlike bynum's knees, i'm wondering if his back isn't congenital ... his dad had the same kind of issues iirc.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

KGs greatest moments.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Hahahahaha

There is a whole generation of basketball fans that will remember KG as nothing but a punk ass motherfucker. Which is pretty much what he is.

Someone needs to knock him the fuck out. Seriously. Maybe then he'll calm down and just play basketball. Where are you, Anthony Peeler?