NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That's why every team needs a Matt Barnes, he's that guy you hate on the other team but love in yours. His reputation will bite you in the ass at times but he'll bat for you in those situations.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Don't worry, the NBA is so pussified that you can take halfhearted swings at the whole opposing team and nothing will happen to you. Nick knows that.

If these were Barkley's Suns you wouldn't want to do that.

3. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

nope. sorry. the lakes are down to an 8-man roster. they had to bring in fing mark madsen to have a scrimmage. you just take the flagrant 2 and walk on. and i can just about guarantee that if barnes had done what swaggy did, he'd be missing more than a couple of games.
    there's just no need for that stuff. my favorite was walt frazier ... i remember on a tv game they showed some guy just hauling off and punching him. frazier didn't swing back, he hit then next 7-8 jumpers in a row. ice.

4. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    here's the full video. only guy close was ryan kelly, who tried to help him up. it's just a frustrating year. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Oh my comment was on his teammates backing him up, Barnes will do that for you.

I kind of agree that if the other Lakers on the court swarmed in to mitigate, then Young probably wouldn't have swung at Dragic.

As you can see in the vid, both Morris brothers were pushing Young away and then Dragic joined along and Young probably got too overwhelmed. There was plenty of time for the other Lakers to just run up in there and just separate Young from the other Suns players.

It's always easy to say "stay calm and don't retaliate" but if push comes to shove, you just don't know what you'll do. I'm not saying Young should have punched Dragic but in that situation, I can put myself in his place and somewhat understand what he did. The same way that if I were in Griffin shoe last night, I probably would have knocked out one of the Mavs for the shit they were trying to pull.

At the end of the day, Lakers is a lottery team this season anyways and Young missing another game isn't gon to make a difference. Time to start signing people to 10 day contracts to fill up the bench and move on.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

:fu: no swaggy on friday? I was maybe planning to watch the game. rondo back :slayer: swaggy maybe suspended? :angry:

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Fuck, I panic dropped Rondo for Reggie Jackson when Russy went down

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

:lol:

9. wojt

wojt Senior member

Doesn't really matter because they are role players. You need your core, or at least a major part of it to be in twenties or on a good side of 30.
    Problem is that they are no good.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

blake needs to posterize more of these lames

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

the gap between lebron and kd is smaller than ever. kd is not a special passer but has become an effective one. i know you can only compare black players to black players per pop culture but he's like a more athletic dirk IMO

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

lol

Durant was nuts last night, it's like dude got mad and turned it on and said "fuck this shit, I'm not just going to win this game, I'm going to bury you in the last minute!" He was cold blooded.

Paul George is getting there too, dude is reaching another level and might easily be the third best player this year.

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the league again. Suck it, small market teams!

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

FTFY