Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

looks like melo trade going to happen, knicks will only lose wilson chandler. not bad [​IMG]

It would make the Knicks an exciting team to watch once again like the 90's. Melo/Amare/Felton is an extremely nice core to build around, with Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari, Shawne Williams, and Toney Douglas is nice as well.

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    interesting: for what it's worth, Lakers only team to have 4 players currently playing at 20 or above PER according to Hollinger (kobe, bynum, gasol, odom, in that order). San antonio has three (Ginobli, Duncan, Parker). Boston and Miami only have two each (Garnett and Pierce; Lebron and Wade -- though they are nos. 1 and 2).
    also, while 24 players in the west are doing that, only 10 in the east.
    not sure what that means, especially at this point in the season, but worth an argument.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

interesting: for what it's worth, Lakers only team to have 4 players currently playing at 20 or above PER according to Hollinger (kobe, bynum, gasol, odom, in that order). San antonio has three (Ginobli, Duncan, Parker). Boston and Miami only have two each (Garnett and Pierce; Lebron and Wade -- though they are nos. 1 and 2).
    not sure what that means, especially at this point in the season, but worth an argument.

hollinger has these computer computations, algorithms, and formulas i guess; last year he had lakers always at no 5 or so never at no1. but the lakers went on to win the championship. there you have it.
    i dont care about hollinger and his computations. put lakers at no28 for all i care. lakers will come out on top again.

i remember when the playoffs started last year, the media asked kobe how he felt about his team in the playoffs, he said "I feel like we are underdogs". this year too. we are underdogs. we'll win though.

4. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

O

Never been a fan of Hollinger, especially if he ever has an "inside source" on a trade or signing. And he always bahes on my home team, the Suns.

5. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Senior member

career high 50 for Melo, career high 42 for aldridge, you can have this week RFX

lol

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

And he always bahes on my home team, the Suns.

Cause they deserve it.

Cavs, Baby, Cavs! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

8. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Cause they deserve it.

Cavs, Baby, Cavs! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Them fightin' werds! [​IMG]

9. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

SHHHIIIIIIIIIITT: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6101304

CARMELO TO THE LAKERS IN TALKS

That would be ridiculous! Guess Ron-Ron would definitely be on the move as well since he probably won't like coming off the bench and be the 7th option on a team. If they flip Bynum for Melo and Ron-Ron for some younger talent/prospects.... deadly!

10. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

artest would not be in the trade i believe odom and bynum are, things just got very interesting [​IMG]

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

That would be ridiculous! Guess Ron-Ron would definitely be on the move as well since he probably won't like coming off the bench and be the 7th option on a team. If they flip Bynum for Melo and Ron-Ron for some younger talent/prospects.... deadly!

if you're the nuggets you almost have to do it, because the knicks poo poo platter is really not an option compared to bynum.

its a scary deal for the lakers too, because melo is a subpar defender at a 3 and even worse at 4, plus they lose that advantage of having bynum in the paint, but you get a superstar.

plus melo learning the triangle this late in the season is hard...

gasol at center vs, the spurs, magic, bulls, celtics does look weak.

jerry buss must be really pragmatic and want another superstar in the wings to replace kobe now rather than later.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Have a feeling it would mean Artest ends up buried on the bench. Hard to see a team giving up much for him.

If that went down it would mean Gasol at center, Odom at PF, Melo at SF, Kobe at G and Fish at PG?

Not too shabby but Gasol would end up logging a shit load of min.

13. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

I think Orlando would be a good spot for Artest. I know they already pulled a blockbuster trade but if you saw the recent games where Orlando played against the elite teams, the trade failed. They could use a perimeter defender in Artest and he can still pop a three off the wing.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

crazy.
    gut feeling i hope nothing gets pulled off. i like our team just the way it is. if we're all healthy in time.[​IMG]

15. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

In other news, Perkins turns down Boston's offer. Although it is now being stated it was for $22 million and not $30 million. What a crap offer from Boston. What is that, like $5.5 million a year for a defensive Center!?!?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Years_Not_$30M