1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Yah saw that game, it was insane. Didn't think the Clips could pull it off but that steal at the end of regulation to tie the game and send it to overtime was a blessing.

Pekovic missing all those shots though was a pure, pure luck! Before OT, Pekovic got two shots that he was making with ease and both bounced out, in OT, he got two other lay-ups that simply rolled out.

It's funny because in the last Clips-Wolves game, Clips won by a missed hook by Pekovic and missed tip by Love as well:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

But yeah, seems like the refs did have money on the Wolves, lots of BS call all around and mostly against the Clips. Flagrant 2 on Barnes was a definite BS as it was clear he went for the ball and actually got the ball, it was simply a hard foul. And that hit on Griffin was nasty, dude already had a wound on his right cheekbone and then another gash to his forehead and nothing but a BS foul on that hit too.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

2. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i'm half-thinking that last steal was kind of brilliant on doc's part. here's how it goes -- double rubio and leave martin open so the "safe play" is getting the ball to him in the backcourt. then hit with a really quick double-team.
    and for all of those wolf misses, how about 5 clipper straight misses at the rim halfway through the fourth? that was unreal.
    they're a fun team to watch and they're on a roll.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

super interesting new proposal for a new way the NBA draft is done:

basically its a wheel system that guarantees #1 picks for every team (regardless of record) every 30 years but no more than that.

so there is no more rewarding the team that didn't make the playoffs.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...ng-good-bye-to-the-lottery-hello-to-the-wheel

this also could produce the opposite of "one of done" players - :lol: where the future lebron/durrant/duncans might end up staying in college for up to 4 years so they can position themselves to go to the team they want (like a returning NBA champion or favorite team or bigger media market).

4. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

I think that steal is like a fast break 3-pointer. Great play if you make it but if you miss, then you look like a fool. While CP3 and Crawford probably wouldn't have looked like a fool if they simply fouled Martin, there was definitely some luck in that possession and CP3 actually grabbing Martins arm a bit so he couldn't recover the ball which turned it into a great play.

CP3 was actually terrible in the fourth, had a couple of kep turnovers that you do not necessarily see him do, very uncharacteristic.

And those missed on the fourth by the Clips, I thought they were still much more difficult than the one that Pekovic missed. I mean two of the Clips miss in the paint were runners by Collison and the follow ups by Griffin were smothered by Love and Pekovic. Really felt like the Clips worked hard but about 10%-15% of that win can be credited to luck.

5. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

Grantland has a lot of weird proposals. Like completely eliminating divisions. Or having a tournament for the last seed for playoffs

6. LawrenceMD

this is an actual NBA proposal though that is going through the different front offices.

the NBA should at least think about re-seeding after the 1st round of the playoffs. its worked out well in the NHL.

7. indesertum

Well now that I read the actual article I think it's a great idea and can't wait for it to get implemented. The one thing is not all draft years are equal. Like the drafts of 2003s and 2014s happen with the 2013s. It's possible that a bad team would be really unlucky and end up with top picks in the worst years thereby screwing their teams over for several years. If the voluntary portion gets implemented I imagine a lot of scouting of high school and middle school would happen so owners get the best set to start out.

Actually I also think nba should reseed or do something about the last seed. I also think that divisions should be eliminated or at least not guarantee division leaders seeds in the playoffs.

Tanking is the worst and id be glad to see that go away. Then you have the knicks that are tanking despite having no picks in 2014

8. LawrenceMD

^they already do scout middle school kids

I remember way back in 1986 - think about it… the celtics had drafted Len Bias, he was supposed to actually be on that 1986 team too. but the more I think about it, it was because of a trade with seattle they even got that high of a draft pick.

if len didn't overdose that 1987 team would've fucking bean superduperfucking LOADED. hell that 1987 team still went to the finals (4 consecutive finals trips).

i like the wheel system of future draft picks, because it really does give more power to the potential draftees. guys from europe/college can really have control of their 1st contract/team by deciding when they come out (after their 1st year or whenever).

9. indesertum

That's a good point. Draft picks can stay longer in college and declare in optimal situations. Of course that assumes that the teams they talk to actually pick them when they want to.

10. Wade

Wade Senior Member

Bad idea
    Bad teams would stay bad longer

11. indesertum

Not true. Read the article. There's some good arguments

Certainly not as bad as it is now with teams perpetually being in rebuilding mode only to end up mediocre. Like the bobcats tanking 11-12 only to get mkg and not Anthony Davis

12. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

Winning and grinning these Knicks are!

13. LawrenceMD

[​IMG]

14. jrd617

jrd617 Stylish Dinosaur

Any Charlotte fans here? This video is fcking sick.

Logo may be one of the best in the league now, up there with the Bulls. Much better than Bobcats

[​IMG]

15. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Very phallic