1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

That podcast was terrible. Please understand that I'm not commenting on Boogie's ability as a basketball player or his character, but he was awful in that interview. He offered little insight into anything and often spoke in broad platitudes as if he were talking to a reporter after a game.

Simmons did a few mini-podcasts with players at the all-star break, and the Hibbert one was really great. On the other hand, KD was atrocious.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The Durant one was horriffic. He has to be in the bottom 10% of most boring guys in sports. Why did he even bother?

I thought Cousins would have been interesting but its a shame that he's all hat/no cattle.

EDIT: Simmons should have the balls to just end the interviews if they are going to be like that. Why waste everyone's time? Just tell the guy "hey, we have a certain standard here and one of them is no 'move the ball open looks' talk. Sure, some guys won't go on but its because they're shitty interviews to begin with.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Well I disagree and that's ok. I found it entertaining and it was just two guys shooting the shit not trying to analyze and dissect facts and numbers or techniques. Seems kinda of rare for a player to open and willingly talk about guys they hate or guys they respect.

Platitudes post game with court reporters to me is more like "how did you win the game?" Or "what did you guys do differently in the second half?" Not "what guys do you feel the effects of the next day?" Or "who's the best point guard in the league in your opinion?"

I guess I have a soft spot for boogie

Also I thought the durant podcast was fine. He's not there to entertain you or say outrageous things. He's just being him and being honest about it. I thought he was very humble and respectful which is pretty different from guys that think they're the best (I remember all the guys that went before me in the draft) even though he is actually the best player in the league

4. diadem

diadem Senior member

Phoenix and Eric Bledsoe aren't close to agreeing on a contract. Phoenix has said they will match any offer other teams will make for him, so what is stopping some other team from offering a max deal to jack up the price for him? Milwaukee is reportedly interested and Houston would be a long shot. Honestly, if Houston manages to get Bledsoe, that's a pretty nice summer haul even though they missed out on Chris Bosh.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Do they have cap space for Bledsoe?

6. diadem

diadem Senior member

2 people like this.
  7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Complete shite... the lot of it.

Barney's: "Here Russ put this on, pretend to be cool and we'll pay you some money."
    RW: "Um, ya sounds great."

8. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

I didn't even think about Houston for Bledsoe. That would be a great get for them. Adds another defender, sends Beverley to the bench where he'd be better anyway.

If they pay him the max, though, Phoenix is most likely going to match. That's actually happened a decent amount this year (ppl tryna steal other teams' RFAs), unlike in years past so much.

9. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Bynum was at Eggslut, and then he went to Valerie Confections. On his way to AOC later on that evening. I got spies everywhere.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

It pains me to say it but this collection looks much better than the shit he usually wears throughout the season (which isn't saying much).

1 person likes this.
  11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

and he tore his left ACL sitting on a stool.

3 people like this.
  12. Hombre Secreto

I need to talk Charles about those stools over there at G & B.

13. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    so the lakers just "won" carlos boozer. which gives them 3 starters with a total age of 107 years.

3 people like this.
  14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

this was great. http://www.nba.com/kings/blog/demarcus-cousins-joins-bill-simmons-b.s.-report

cousins said all the right things. simmons is at his best here. looking forward to the kings season. if we can pull off a trade for josh smith and shed terry and or thompson/landry then i really like our chances at the bottom of the 8th seed

i love listening to players comment on their opposition. dmc mentioned that al jeff is his toughest player to play against

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

If only Knicks and Lakers fans had the same optimism as you

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

like a shitty spurs team this is. old/slow/no coach

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

nik stauskas in the house

18. Hombre Secreto

Boozer is the piece they were missing 8 years ago... Congrats Lakers. Another early draft pick.

19. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

"My main goal every night is winning the game" - Cousins

And some prefer sex missionary style. Personal preference.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Swaggy P x Barneys = ROBOCOPPED!

2 people like this.