1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

i didn't do my research and picked Westbrook in the first round, not knowing that he had a second surgery. thank goodness he came back early. still have Paul George remorse though. also, took Al Jefferson over Anthony Davis. sigh.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

i cringed reading your post - anthony davis is a beast. we havent seen a fantasy center this good since hakeem. im in 3 leagues and its a different bag of treats in each one.

league 1: picked up westbrook for $17 when Lebron went for $99
    league 2: picked carmelo over davis with my 10th pick. davis was picked 11th :facepalm: al jefferson picked 23rd
    SF league: bought carmelo, anthony davis, and ibaka for $140ish. I should win fg, ft, and blocks every week

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

3. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

It was the worst draft I can remember in some time. Just bad decisions and second guessing myself. Also passed on Hibbert, and got embroiled in trash talking my Celtic fan buddy during the draft, and instead of taking one of my planned rookie picks (Carter- Williams or Mclemore, both on the board so I had a 50% chance of catching lightning in a bottle)....I ended up taking Rondo just to fuck with him because I knew he wanted to stash him. Utter stupidity

4. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Anyway, speaking of Rondo it seems like it's not just the Knicks owner, players and media who are delusional - the management seems to think it will be able to trade Iman shumpert and Amare for Rondo...lol

5. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Hibbert was shit 2/3 of season last year, I had him. I passed on him too.

I got lucky with Westbrook, picked him up cheap. I have Harden and Westbrook in the SF league, I've got a decent lineup but am suffering in assists.

6. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

I'm a believer in Hibbert this year - his big issue was conditioning, confidence and foul trouble. Dude dominated in the playoffs and went out and got jacked during the offseason...looking at the pics on the court he makes behemoths like Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard look tiny

7. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

He is a monster. A pretty immobile one, but he only needs to be quick over a yard as a center.

You made a good pick, no doubt. But I was jaded putting up with all those .200 shooting %, 8 point 5 rebound nights where he played 22 mins because he had 3 fouls 3 mins into the 2nd quarter.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

9. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

It seems like JR Smith has no motivation now that he has his contract. I can't even watch this team.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

He gave up on life after Rihanna rejected him.

11. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Mentioned this last year when he was on fire - in the long term you don't want your team to rely in any significant way on jr smith.

Also - Jordan Hill putting up better numbers in LA than Dwight Howard...lol

12. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

A lot of people fell prey to the fallacious thinking that he would be more motivated being home. I want to drive to Freehold and tell his momma to yell at him.

13. indesertum

indesertum Stylish Dinosaur

Naw. He'll trend up soon. He was kind of inconsistent last season too. A lot of guys in early season funk. Al Jefferson kyrie Irving Dwayne wade Larry sanders Derrick rose

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

14. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Dude. He's JR Smith. He's always had the talent to play like he did last year, but a couple of years ago he couldn't cut it in China. Put a head case like that on a dysfunctional organization like the Knicks, and....

15. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

Derrick Rose really can't catch a break.