1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Paul Pierce to the Wizards. Didn't see that one coming. Nice pickup.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

So many changes holy shit

2 people like this.
  3. diadem

diadem Senior member

Really didn't expect The Truth to sign in Washington. Interesting...

Also, it looks like the Cavs have no interest in retaining Luol Deng. It's reported that the frontrunner is Miami, with Dallas, Atlanta, and Phoenix also in the mix. Honestly, if he goes to Miami, that's like a poor man's version of the Big 3. They'll be a playoff team for sure.

And Cleveland is unwilling to trade Wiggins for K-Love...IMO, that's a mistake. Wiggins is still unproven and very raw, and there's still a chance that he's a bust at the pro level. You know exactly what you're getting with K-Love, who is a double-double machine and has said that he is willing to sign a long-term deal in Cleveland. K-Love is only 25 (turns 26 in September), so I don't get the whole "keep the young guy and develop him" line of thinking. Love is still young and you don't have to develop him.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Well they can always sign him next year outright when he's an unrestricted free agent. Why give up assets when you don't you have to

1 person likes this.
  5. diadem

diadem Senior member

I just don't see the T-Wolves keeping him until his contract is up and then letting him go for nothing in return. On the flip side, I don't think there's any team willing to take him on as a one-year rental, so he's probably going to be part of some sort of sign-and-trade so that everyone is happy.

1 person likes this.
  6. Teger

Teger Senior member

They can't they don't have the cap space to sign him outright unless he takes a big pay cut.

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

They only have like $40 million in guaranteed salary next year right? And with the new cba and salary cap increase it's not impossible

Also I was trying to say that whoever the wolves trade love to this year next year he can sign with whoever. If he likes the team he gets traded to he might stay but be could come to the cavs where we'll know for sure how good the cavs are after a year

8. diadem

diadem Senior member

Melo officially re-signs with the Knicks, although the details of his contract are undisclosed. He'll probably have to endure one more terrible season before Phil Jackson can build a good roster around him.

9. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

What makes you think he can build a good roster?

Mitch Kupchak, Jerry West, and Jerry Krause built his teams. If it would of been up to Phil, Dennis Rodman would of never been on the Bulls.

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

K-Love has expressed an interest in coming to San Antonio and Tim Duncan eventually has to retire...

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Knicks have like no picks for the next few years. Dunno how they would build a team in just 1 year

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I am waiting to hear from edmorel as he is the most...optimistic Knicks fan I know. :foo:

1 person likes this.
  13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

They only have a first round pick next year and 2017 and everything 2018 and on. So yeah... Amares done after next year tho so they have lots of cap space

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

this is intriguing. that would be a great fit

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Yeah with splitter but spurs can't pay love

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

how long is pop's new contract? i didnt see a figure in the announcement from earlier in the week

17. diadem

diadem Senior member

Ok, let me rephrase that...

Quote:
    They have more than $20 million in cap room in the summer of 2015. With some more tinkering with the roster, there should be enough room for a max contract alongside Melo's. I will say that no matter how bad Phil Jackson may be as a GM, the odds are stacked in his favor just by New York being a big market and having Melo locked into a long-term deal.

That was nothing more than a delusion of grandeur from Love.
    Quote: http://fansided.com/2014/06/21/kevin-love-playfully-suggests-wants-play-san-antonio-spurs/

I think the only way the Spurs can get K-Love is if they're willing to give up Kawhi Leonard, which isn't happening.

The news about him saying he'd commit to the Cavs seems to be the only "legit" piece of news regarding K-Love, although it would be nice if for once the news didn't come from "a source close to the situation"...
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...mit-cleveland-cavaliers?ex_cid=espnapi_public

In other news, Luol Deng signs with the Heat for 2 years, $20 million with a player option after the first year. Good signing. Miami can definitely win 50 games in the weak East with a Wade-Deng-Bosh core.

18. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

Right here!

Hopefully we go back to grinding out low scoring wins now. Team is playing with no pressure, Bosh and Wade already have their rings. Not strong enough to contend, but strong enough to frustrate and party poop Indy and Chicago. No more media media circus, love it. Happy with the 2 chips after the decision, 2/4 in finals is much better than 1/4...:satisfied:

I thought the LeFallout would have been much worse, but now Riley looks like Executive of the Year building this solid roster before the vultures swooped on the remaining stars. We just need a rim-protector/goon... and backup shooting guard since Wade only plays well in spurts these days. It is what it is, he means a lot to the franchise and deserves the money for carrying all those crappy teams to early playoff exits playing 1 on 5 vs the Celtics.

I would have been OK with tanking and rebuilding, but with most of the signings on 2-year deals, the team is ready to be a major player in 2016.

Good Luck to LeBron, and what ridiculous power ... that shit is unprecedented. "Free market starts when I say it starts." Wow.Smart decision to go to Cleveland, lots of potential there, let's see how those guys handle the pressure and media scrutiny. I always knew there'd be consequences to letting Mike Miller go, just to save a few pennies.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

im a big heat fan now. i like their new team. McBob and Bosh from Three!!!

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Realistically, we're looking at a first or second round playoff exit with this team, even with Deng. there's still no depth behind the top 3 and one of those 3 plays part-time.

still appreciative of an ownership and management that has given us the most titles in the last 10 years (tied with SA), but this team is shaping up to be the new Atlanta Hawks. but Riles has earned the benefit of the doubt, so let's see him work