NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't think the Warriors would need Rondo, they already got Curry w/ Iggy doing the secondary dribbling/playmaking responsibilities.

Rockets also got Harden and he is already a ball heavy handler along with Lin. Not sure if Rondo could play with Harden, it might just hinder him.

Not sure the Pacers would would mess with their line-up too. Hill is a good PG and back-up Watson is good in that bench role. They are doing well and making that big change might just screw the chemistry up.

These 3 teams has to really mess up badly and have terrible records (as in not even going to make the playoffs) by the trade deadline to even consider trading one of their big asset players for Rondo. Nuggets might be able to trade away Lawson to get Rondo, that one could make sense. The other teams, they seem better off w/o Rondo.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

But Lebron's the perfect example of what I'm talking about. He DESPISES rondo. The feeling's mutual, I'm sure, but that makes it much tougher for the Celtics to recruit him of they ever would want to.

Also, I'm not disagreeing that rondo wouldn't be a good complementary player, but Lebron's a bad example. Lebron is the pg - the way to make him better is to put someone with him who'll convert his passes. Someone like Melo would be a better fit for rondo because rondo will give him easy spot ups

3. wojt

wojt Senior member

Agreed with the first two but for Indy Rondo would be perfect. Indy are young atheltic team, him running the fastbreak and pick and roll for them would get them easy baskets. Especially since they DO SUCK at controlling the ball. Them vs MIA was a turnover fest, many of them not even forced.

Celtics might trade Rondo coz of two reasons
    - he played on good teams so he will ask to be traded if the team sucks bad
    - team will stuck as a 8th/9th seed and will only get late draft picks and fail to sign good FAs
    then they will trade rondo so they can suck for 2 seasons

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Any decent PG would make Indy better. They don't have a single one

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think George Hill is a good PG, not as good as Rondo but he fits with the Pacers. I think it is also one of those teams that is already solid and just got better with CJ Watson and return of Granger. I really would rather keep Hill with his better shooting and ft% as that is crucial to finish off the game.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

HIll's a good player, sure. but not really a PG. but i agree that last year he was the best option they have. the other guys couldn't even bring up the ball against pressure.

i forgot they acquired Watson. not really a lead PG either, but they may be able to convert him into one

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Lamar Odom arrested for DUI last night at 4 AM. Refused all tests.

The guy is really struggling.

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

[sigh] such a shame. everyone who knows him loves him. none of the usual star schadenfreude wit this one.

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    By the way, just caught it last night but i don't know if it's been discussed on this thread. Anybody else see that Dr. J special on NBA TV? really a revolutionary player on so many levels.

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

The stuff I'm reading says we have another mid 80's era style drug culture in the league. It seems to explain the quick demise of some players. A player was quoted as saying that when you see a guys numbers drop off without an obvious reason, its often that he's strung out. Its what happened to Lamar. I read that he left a bunch of burn holes in a hotel room traveling with Dallas, when the team was informed, they found out what he was up to and he was soon gone.

Apparently there are up to 4 random drug tests a year. If a guy gets the 4th, they go to town.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

12. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Senior member

13. thinman

thinman Senior member

Odom has always been a tragic waste of talent and now it looks like he may waste his life, too. Truly sad.

I'm sorry I missed the special. Dr. J was the player who made me a basketball fan. The very first time I caught a b-ball game on TV, this guy with a giant 'fro blocked a shot, palming it as he took it down. He threw an outlet pass and was fast enough to take a one-handed rebound for a jam at the other end. Yes, it was Dr. J. He was MJ before anyone had heard of MJ.

Ahhh, the good old days...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

14. wojt

wojt Senior member

IMO people always overrated his potential
    he never had great scoring ability nor mentality, he never did anything he was elite at
    he did everything good, he might be the most versatile player in NBA ever
    but still jack of all trades master of none, this type of guys rarely develop into star players

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013

15. thinman

thinman Senior member

If Odom had kept his head on straight and worked on his game, he could've been better than Scottie Pippen,

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013