1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior Member

To Rick Barry?

2. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior Member

The Pacers hold the power to keep Paul George with the Blue and Gold. Not just because the situation seemingly fits him perfectly, but also because they have “Bird Rights” on George, as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. It looks like they will sign him to an extension before October 31 ala John Wall. If the Pacers, Bulls, or Nets knock the Heat out of the finals, LBJ could pack his bags for LA LA Land for the final contract.

It is interesting to me that David Stern literally killed the Lakers when he rescinded the Chris Paul trade. But as long as LA has a premier team (Clippers) there is little incentive for the league to provide any help to the Lakers. Hey they sold their future for their last championship so let them try to draft prospects and develop them like the other teams do...

What a difference a year makes... My guess is that Kobe will have a difficult time regaining the prior level of performance that he had prior to the injury. Not sure how much he has left in the tank, but if he could not do it with the team last year, it certainly looks more difficult for the next season.

Looking forward to a great season, should be interesting...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

3. Wade

Wade Senior Member

If Lebron leaves Miami, it will be for a contender and LA is not a contender, at least not with the current roster.

Stern didn't kill the Lakers with the CP thing. When the Lakers landed Howard&Nash, everyone was all happy and a lot of ppl had them going all the way to the finals but obviously that didn't work out so well

4. foodguy

foodguy Distinguished Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

simply put: what killed the lakers last year was an extraordinary amount of injuries ... that plus the complete lack of any kind of team gel. but that happens when you're constantly shuffling lineups.

5. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior Member

6. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

No off season camp for the new coach too, they started to get better at the end but then Kobe went down.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

i read that knews quickly so for a second I thought jones was the homeless man. kicking someone on teh ground is pretty effective way of saying no when your occupied on the phone

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

New Orleans Pelicans revealed their new uniforms today. The font for "New Orleans" is way too small. Also, it doesn't look like any of the uniforms say "Pelicans." Why would you change your team's name and then not put that brand new name on your jerseys?

9. RFX45

RFX45 Stylish Dinosaur

Because the logo is already branded on their franchise players forehead.

10. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Oden signs with Heat.

I wish him the best but 4 years out of the league, it will take him a whole season just to get his body in NBA shape and to get his timing back, assuming he doesn't sustain any big injuries. I think best case scenario is the Heat squeeze 10-15 minutes a game out of him and he gets 4-6 points, 3-4 rebounds.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

its remarkable how many high caliber teams, and the Kings, pursued a guy whos been out of the league for that long. really hoping he can squeeze out a serviceable career. he still has a chance to outperform many other #1 draft picks

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

'Big' move by the Heat, I hope it pays off or may just collapse on the team

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

collapse suggests they are relying on him for a significant contribution, which is unrealistic. only way that team collapses is if lebron gets injured

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Seeing how Oden is a true center compared to Bosh, a lot of plays may develop around Oden. I am sure Lebron will still lead and play all the pivotal roles.

I think Oden may also crowd the key, or if he is good open it for LBJ/Wade..

Is Oden a good player for team chemistry?

edit:
    It will be exciting to see Oden play

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013