• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

ExhibitA

Reaction score
Rondo's a superstar. Top five guards in the league. I'd expect more for him..

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rondo's not a superstar.

when rondo's motivated he can win a game all by himself.... even against a a full strength miami squad. but its true that point guards can be overvalued. especially non shooting PGs. thats the way things go though - just like centers all star point guards will be overvalued.

that plus he's got an incredibly team friendly contract that ends in two years. john wall (another jump shooting anemic PG) is about to get 80 million. now thats an overpay.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like detroit really is bankrupt. the city of detroit that is.

but there has been a trickle down effect... there are season ticket packages for $299! thats the whole damn season 41 home games for less than $300!

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there was an ESPN Boston article today about Reggie Lewis. He was my favorite celtic.

I remember watching this year's finals and it was great to see Kawhi Leonard a player so similar to Reggie. 6'7" late draft pick, low key, great defense and rebounding, and a sneaky good offensive game. Plus the reports on Leonard is that he worked his game into that, in the shadows of the greats (just like reggie around bird, DJ, Mchale, Parrish).

15th overall is a late draft pick?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

15th overall is a late draft pick?

its outside of the lottery. take it this way of the 2011 draftees he's about the 2nd best player out of that draft so far. go ahead and look over the other players chosen above him... its a pupu platter other than the #1 pick of Irving.

reggie lewis was a 22nd pick (of a deep 1987 draft) . they are both draft steals.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

its outside of the lottery. take it this way of the 2011 draftees he's about the 2nd best player out of that draft so far. go ahead and look over the other players chosen above him... its a pupu platter other than the #1 pick of Irving.

reggie lewis was a 22nd pick (of a deep 1987 draft) . they are both draft steals.

not sure I would say he is 2nd best, but he is top five. Some strong players late in that draft.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

iman shumpert? :devil:

But of course :)

These guys were picked after Leonard:

Kenneth Faried
Chandler Parsons
Klay Thompson
Nikola Vucevic

I think Vucevic is the biggest steal and really no hype around the guy at all. Outside of Orlando I think maybe 2 people may have heard of him.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so Warriors won their first championship - summer league, but i guess it counts :lol:

didn't catch any of the games, but Ben Mclemore looks like he really sucked against inferior comp. not a good sign for the only 2013 draftee that I think has a shot at being an all star

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

so Warriors won their first championship - summer league, but i guess it counts :lol:

didn't catch any of the games, but Ben Mclemore looks like he really sucked against inferior comp. not a good sign for the only 2013 draftee that I think has a shot at being an all star

He only had one good game but a lot of guys played really strong. To my surprise, the two white guys (Zeller and Olyniyk) looked really good, I know its summer league but they were playing like men amongst boys. I still think this draft was not the dud that everyone makes it out to be, I think you will find quality players/all stars into the lower first round pics of this draft. That german guard, shroeder, really is a rondo clone, he is one to watch. Of course, I would be remiss if I did not mention Hardaway Jr. for the Knicks, I think he will be a 15+ point a game scorer once he settles into the league and he should be a very good wing defender.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

***** please. We done won long before ***** face and his gang of faggots down in Miami. Bill Walton says hello.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:lol:

I don't get the Bill Walton reference though

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He only had one good game but a lot of guys played really strong. To my surprise, the two white guys (Zeller and Olyniyk) looked really good, I know its summer league but they were playing like men amongst boys. I still think this draft was not the dud that everyone makes it out to be, I think you will find quality players/all stars into the lower first round pics of this draft. That german guard, shroeder, really is a rondo clone, he is one to watch. Of course, I would be remiss if I did not mention Hardaway Jr. for the Knicks, I think he will be a 15+ point a game scorer once he settles into the league and he should be a very good wing defender.

I don't think this is a sleeper draft. I don't see more than 2 or 3 guys panning out. Its a good draft for Euro leagues, since most of these guys will be over there in a year or 2.

Really disappointed in the McLemore kid. He oozes entitlement and bad attitude. Him and D Cousins together? Ha ha, that should be interesting. He was already whining about the intensity of the new coaches practices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads