NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. moffy

moffy Senior member

From what I know, if a team amnesties a player, they cannot bid on him in the following auction. However, if no teams bid on him, that player becomes a free agent. At that point, I think the original team can resign the player, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

In the case of Kobe, it wouldn't even matter. This wouldn't work because it is impossible that no team bids even the smallest amount on him. Even if he makes it public that he won't play for any team other than the Lakers and so no team should bid on him, some team will make a bid just so the Lakers can't resign him.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I wouldn't take Dirk with the 12th pick, no way. He was good but not 1st round value. Would definitely take Love at 12 if available.

I'd definitely take Rose if he was there at 5. I'd probably take him over Westbrook, but that's a close one.

Top 3 looks like LJ, Durant and Harden.

Also, some consideration has to be given to the tanking that will go on this season. This Wiggins kid is getting more press than anyone in recent memory.

Man, when the Lake starts losing this season I would not want to be around Kobe in that locker room. The dude is abrasive when winning, just imagine.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

My first rounders are Durant, James, CP3, Harden, Irving, Love, Curry, George. Will add Westbrook if he's ready by opening day. You might make a case for Melo and i wouldnt fight you too hard. Sneaky picks would be Batum, Ibaka and (roll the dice) Derrick Rose.

I would pick Kobe in round 1 without hesitating if he's suiting up opening night. Sadly that doesn't seem possible, so I'd stay away until round 3, and not draft at all if I was playing roto

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

So OKC loses Martin ayways, the key piece in the Harden trade last year?

5. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

yeah, but it looks like the lakers are going to sign jordan farmar! :puzzled:
    actually, he might make it work in d'antoni's offense.
    but (essentially) trading MWP for Chris Kaman? I like the old lunatic better!

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Agreed but I think MWP will/should only be let go if it frees up something to get someone huge. MWP is getting old but he is still an asset to the team I think. No point in using the amnesty on him unless he opens up the door for someone significant.

Lakers reliving the championship days now, first Vujacic and now Farmar. Whose next, Madsen?

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

don't laugh, actually he's a coach in the organization.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

If Sheed can be an assistant coach, I am no longer surprised about anything anymore

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'd actually love to see him scream "ball don't lie" in a suit from the sidelines.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yeah, but Madsen actually makes sense as a coach. A smart, determined, hard-working guy who got farther than his athletic ability otherwise would have carried him because he accepted that there was a limited role in which he could contribute and worked hard to do the best he could in that role.

And man, was he a beast in college. As a Cal guy, I hated but respected his game. He was relentless.
    I still remember one post-game interview where the interviewer pointed out that he had blood on his jersey and asked whether it was his or somebody else's. Madsen looked down at his jersey, shrugged, and said something like, "I'm not really sure. Sometimes it's my blood, sometimes it's the other guy's blood. I don't worry about it, it's just part of the game."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Cavs sign Bynum for 2year, $24.5mil.

Good risk if he actually plays, second year is a team option so I guess they can't lose much.

13. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

Damn. Philly really got screwed with Bynum. I have not met anyone here in LA that really cares that Howard left... It was no where near like when Shaq and Mike Piazza left. That shit was crazy.

I do wish the Lakers would of gotten at least something in return, but oh well.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ should have pulled in omer asik. his name has came up after the trade so I wonder why it didnt happen

15. moffy

moffy Senior member

it didn't happen because Asik makes $15 mil in 2014 and Lakers are clearing their books for that year.