NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also, WTF! :lol: :brick:

3. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

We should know by August.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

The Indecision? :lol:

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Why people are putting up with Howard's shit is beyond me, it's not like he has 5 rings.

Fucking Dolan, Copeland is worth the 6 million plus whatever the tax just to keep him out of the Pacers hands but I'm sure this is some CBA issue.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Ok, now it's done.

Dwight twitter profile pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-130705-D12/did-dwight-howard-make-right-decision

Good read about what teams do now

Dallas are big losers, the Chandler to ny thing is biting them bad

LA has terrible prospects, they've traded away all their picks, only free agency can help then unless they move gasol for picks, or take back Bynum ha ha

GSW were on the rise but the west is now stacked

OKC letting harden go is biting them and lots of teams right now, terrible decision

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013

8. edmorel

On paper Houston looks good, although they still have holes so we have to see what/who they get for Asik and what happens with Lin. People quickly forget how formidable LA looked on paper at the beginning of last season. Howard as taken a team once to the Finals and he has shown a toxic side to his coaches and teammates that is very unbecoming a supposed superstar. If Houston adds Smith, they could implode before the season even gets started. I like Asik, and while he is not Howard he gives you a great teammate, great work ethic and a great rebounder. I probably would have gone to fill out the power forward and backup point guard positions and maybe a explosive scorer off the bench but that will not sell the tickets that Howard will.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I agree Ed. Lebron has his haters but his team and his organization appreciates him, and he's grown into a good leader. Howard is a complete fucking joke and everybody treats him as such - not just we outsiders but his teams do as well. I can only imagine the condescension in Kobe's voice when he told him "we'll teach you to win" :lol:

10. edmorel

Now all the Lakers need to do is get rid of D'Antoni. No Howard and no D'Antoni priby equals about 15-20 more wins for the Lakers over last year. I really hope the Rockets get rid of Lin and Asik and get Smith, by the All Star break there would be at least one fist fight in the Rockets locker room.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Are you kidding me? None of those things are true.
    LA will suck for a year then get Kobe back with a grip of cap space. If they are smart they will work out a wy to release then resign Kobe next year giving them stupid cap room starting now. LA is still LA and that means a lot to many players. As long as Short Bus sits down and shuts the fuck up they should be fine.

Dallas has a good owner, lots of money a good coach and a good GM. Hard to see how they can't rebuild on the quick.

OKC did not "let" Harden go, they could not have afforded the contrct he was going to demand. They could have gone all in last year, and maybe they should have but they got what they thought they could for him while the getting was good. Personally Harden for a few unprotected 1st round picks might have been better then KM but whatever.

As for GSW, they just cut serious bait and added a very good player who fits their team and style of play. More depth, with Iggy being a super sub like Manu at his best or Barnes coming of the bench for a much stronger rotation. He also makes Jack expendable and can handle the ball, letting Curry play off the ball.

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Anyway the talking heads on ESPN are fucking retarded.

13. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Do they have a history of not getting along? I thought D12 was Josh Smith's best man at his wedding?

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Yeah baby Kings just signed Landry. Way to stick it to the warriors. Yeah, woot, fuck yeah, go kings...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Warriors lost Jack too.

Was hoping the Clips could have gotten Landry but I guess he is too pricey.

More news...

Rockets slowly filling up spots...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013