1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

melo and dirk seems very redundant (considering melo played mostly the 4 this past season) but that would be a great team

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

portland fans would disagree with you. felton had exactly one good year on the knicks and one half a good season with the blazers before reverting back to his corpulent and lazy nature.

add to that his gun charges and well its just not worth it. its good the knicks got rid of him, but damn he wasn't helping melo or the knicks and wasted one of melo's best seasons.

1 person likes this.
  3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

it looks like Dan Gilbert is meddling with his front office again - he wants wiggins and the new GM and staff are targeting Jabari Parker.

the good thing is you can't really go wrong with those two... but would be full of LOLs if Gilbert demands they get Embiid.

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

the gun charges were obviously a "set up" from his ex. I am not saying the he is a guy that you can count on no matter what, I am saying that if you get him to buy in, he is a bulldog at the point. The skills are there, its getting him to want to do it. Yeah, that is a pain in the ass and he shouldn't need a coach to be his babysitter but, its not that he doesn't have skills.

The more I see Parker, the more I think he is going to be mediocre to a bust for many of the same reasons you mentioned with Felton. How can a 18/19 year old kid not keep his weight down playing basketball and knowing that he is going to the draft? And he tanks a tryout just cause he doesn't want to play there? I'd avoid this kid. The thing about this draft is now that Embiid has the issues and Wiggins is probably number 1, I would trade down if I have the 2-5 picks because I think you are going to see more successful players low in the draft. There is a lot of talent that you can pick up 15-25 and if you can also get a proven NBA player along with one of those picks, I'd trade if I was 2,3,4 etc.

5. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Those charges have already been taken care of. 500 community service hours or something like that.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Asik to the Pelicans. What a solid move for NO. SHould improve that interior defense same way lopez shored up PDX's interior. Ironically, NO havent had a decent started alongside Davis since Lopez left for PDX

1 person likes this.
  7. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

i mean, he's about avg efficiency and he doesn't rebound or assist at all sooooo.

plus he is super young but it doesn't seem like his ceiling is that much higher.

"a lot more" yea right. he'd make mid-level exception money, maybe.

lol have you ever seen parker play basketball

8. wojt

wojt Senior member

^ you must be on crack, idc what he is ceiling is, he is easily worthy 10 now, we could dispute if he is worth more
    18ppg this season, good defender, still only 23, career 43,5% three point shooter, cmon dude!

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

10. edmorel

This is a reason why I don't like Bill Simmons. On the one hand, the draft is a crapshoot and even the most "sure things" crap out sometimes. On the other hand, he goes on TV giddy like a schoolgirl talking about how stupid Cleveland mgmt is and how they will obviously eff up this draft like they have the last two :confused: He is becoming the Bob Costas of basketball, drinking his own kool aid and thinking that he is the smartest guy in the room.

and I am convinced brothersport does not actually watch basketball games, just reads blogs/stats etc.

2 people like this.
  11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Simmons is an entertaining writer and he does make an effort to do his research and get his narrative right. But he certainly isn't someone you should depend on to actually know the sports he writes about, except as a fan. I do think he should have stuck with the shtick that made him famous - super fan with a blog that makes clever/funny observations and talks shit.

He used to really annoy me with his Boston homerism but he's really toned that down

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

His homerism level doesn't seem any different to me. Every article and segment of his mentions the Pats, 2010 Celtics, TD Garden, etc. in some annoying capacity

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I at least give him credit that he admits he's a giant homer and everyone that reads his stuff knows this going in.

14. edmorel

Afflalo to the Nuggets for Fournier and the 56th pick :confused:

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

There were talks that the Bulls were interested in acquiring him. That's one prospect down the drain smh

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

What? Did Afflalo have his leg amputated without anyone reporting it?

17. wojt

wojt Senior member

:rotflmao:

18. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

what the fuck???? they gave afflalo like that? he was so good last year

19. edmorel

He's a free agent next year and the thought is that Orlando is trying to draft Exum, so give away a good player so that you don't have to pay him or lose him for nothing. Of course they could have held on and tried getting a better deal but if they do draft Exum and he's good, I guess Afflao's value goes down as trade bait. I don't know anymore, I don't understand all these cap trades. Maybe they just didn't like his last name, I never know how to write it/pronounce it :confused:

3 people like this.
  20. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

apparently hornets offered the 24 pick and henderson for afflalo. sounds like a better deal than the no 54 pick....

i dont understand why they evaluate draftees 1 on 0. why not team ball game? why not 3 on 3s? makes no sense